'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Titan Trailer Mfg. Kingston, OK???

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2012-06-02 10:27 AM
9 replies, 8942 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

Amber_n_tx
Reg. May 2012
Posted 2012-05-18 1:00 AM (#144022)
Subject: Titan Trailer Mfg. Kingston, OK???

Has anybody had any experience with there trailers? I am considering purchasing one but, I'm nervous about not knowing anything about them or there trailers. I have learned a lot about Titan in KS but, not this one. Any information would be helpful and appreciated!
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
jim bob
Reg. Jan 2008
Posted 2012-05-18 11:19 AM (#144031 - in reply to #144022)
Subject: RE: Titan Trailer Mfg. Kingston, OK???

Extreme Veteran

For what it's worth; Titan Trailers has a huge network of dealers in most every state, Canada, and Austrailia. Parts and service availibility is very good. The Smercheck family that owns Titan are as good a folks as you'll meet. The Titan company will be around for a long time to come.
SparksRFlyin
Reg. Apr 2010
Posted 2012-05-18 11:29 AM (#144032 - in reply to #144022)

The Kingston, OK company is in no way related to the Waterville, KS company. Can't help you out on their differences as I've never seen the one built in OK, but I do know the KS manufacturer does a good job.
Pintolady
Reg. Jan 2012
Posted 2012-05-18 10:33 PM (#144043 - in reply to #144022)

Regular

Kingston trailer is on 106 in Kingston massachusetts. Owned by the Lanoue Family. Kingston has been making trailers for over 50 years. great trailer!
titanJJ
Reg. May 2012
Posted 2012-05-29 3:31 PM (#144294 - in reply to #144022)

New User

The Titan trailer in Kingston, OK is not associated with the Titan Trailer of KS in any way.  I could tell you anything you wanted to know about the one in Kansas.  I don't know a thing about the one in OK.
Amber_n_tx
Reg. May 2012
Posted 2012-05-29 3:38 PM (#144295 - in reply to #144022)

I know two are not associated with each other, just trying to get info on Titan in OK! Thanks for the help!
bloodtrail
Reg. Aug 2008
Posted 2012-06-02 9:18 AM (#144429 - in reply to #144022)

Regular

Amber, A couple of years back we looked at a few of the Titans at the horse trailer place in Calera, OK.  That place also sells WW's.  Lots of folks consider WW to be mid to low end trailers.  We've owned several and have never had any problems with them but paint jobs are not the best and you will see rusting.  That being said, comparing the Titan (Kingston, OK trailers...not Kingston trailers or the KS Titans...) WW's are much more solidly made than the Titans.  With your fist, rap/knock on the bulkhead of the Titan...very flimsy, you will actually see the sheet metal wiggle.

Plus, the Titan was more expensive than WW.  We bought us another WW.  We had liked how the Titan looked until we looked close up and personal.

Mary

bloodtrail
Reg. Aug 2008
Posted 2012-06-02 9:28 AM (#144431 - in reply to #144022)

Regular

Also, forgot to put this on my post...   Look under the Kingston, OK Titan as compared to the WW's, WW has thicker, heavier duty iron under it for the frame. 

Inside the Titan GN bar top stock trailer version of the WW, there was a funny looking metal object attached to the sidewall frame/floor area that sure looked like could hang a hoof or shoe.  It was near the center gate but I didn't see where it was relevant to the gate???  Nothing from the gate attached to it as if to hold it open or closed for that matter.  Have no idea what it was for.

Mary

Amber_n_tx
Reg. May 2012
Posted 2012-06-02 9:53 AM (#144432 - in reply to #144431)

Thanks Mary for your information!
bloodtrail
Reg. Aug 2008
Posted 2012-06-02 10:27 AM (#144433 - in reply to #144432)

Regular

Your welcome.  I remember going through what you just did trying to find information on the Titan trailers manufactured in Oklahoma.  After much searching on the internet and kept coming up with the Kansas Titans, I FINALLY found the website for the Kingston, Oklahoma Titan manufacturer.  It was difficult to say the least.

We don't haul cattle in our WW bar top GN stock and we don't stuff a bunch of mules in it either, we got it strictly for short trailer drive for day rides, but still wanted a safe trailer to put haul my mules in.  I could just see a mule pawing or kicking through the bulkhead of the Kingston, Oklahoma Titan trailer, probably would never happen, but the thought was there and it was enough to go with the WW instead.  Better trailers out there?  You bet!!  Budget for the better trailers in my case? No.  WW is still a pretty dang good trailer, especially for the price and will not hesitate to buy another one.  We are on our 3rd one and its not because the others had problems.

I just wanted to clarify again, for any others, there are 2 different Titan trailer manufacturers and then there is the Kingston manufacturer that is not in Kingston, OK.  Everybody got that?   lol.

Mary

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)