'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Exiss, Keifer, Merhow, Stratus LT - 7ft vs. 8 ft

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2013-06-17 7:25 PM
2 replies, 3120 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

Charmer88
Reg. Feb 2007
Posted 2013-06-16 7:00 PM (#152805)
Subject: Exiss, Keifer, Merhow, Stratus LT - 7ft vs. 8 ft

Veteran

I have a few questions and considering I have an old steele trailer that is 6ft wide I think any trailer would be an upgrade.

I think I've read certain years may be better than others for Exiss?? Can you let me know if 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010 are good quality years?
I've not heard much as far as issues with Merhow or Keifer...is this true for the years listed above? Or I'm considering a new Stratus Lite. The interior isn't my choice but doable. Any comments would be appreciated on this group of trailers and years.

It seems like a majority of trailers are 7 ft wide, unless it's a semi long trailer $$$. Is that what most people prefer? I have 20 trailers saved in my favorites list and only a few are 8 ft wide which I like because it adds so much room. I had an 8 foot wide Lazy N many years ago and it seemed like I was line to line on those country roads.

Thank you!
K88

Prides Silver Charmer - TWH

share Top of the page Bottom of the page
CYA Ranch
Reg. Feb 2009
Posted 2013-06-17 3:19 PM (#152822 - in reply to #152805)
Subject: RE: Exiss, Keifer, Merhow, Stratus LT - 7ft vs. 8 ft

Originally written by Charmer88 on 2013-06-16 7:00 PM

I have a few questions and considering I have an old steele trailer that is 6ft wide I think any trailer would be an upgrade.

I think I've read certain years may be better than others for Exiss?? Can you let me know if 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010 are good quality years?
I've not heard much as far as issues with Merhow or Keifer...is this true for the years listed above? Or I'm considering a new Stratus Lite. The interior isn't my choice but doable. Any comments would be appreciated on this group of trailers and years.

It seems like a majority of trailers are 7 ft wide, unless it's a semi long trailer $$$. Is that what most people prefer? I have 20 trailers saved in my favorites list and only a few are 8 ft wide which I like because it adds so much room. I had an 8 foot wide Lazy N many years ago and it seemed like I was line to line on those country roads.

Thank you!
K88

Prides Silver Charmer - TWH

I have an 06 Exiss Event 8' wide. I've had great luck with it and won't buy anything but an 8 wide from here on out. If your looking at Exiss make sure you get an Event not a Sport.
flyinghfarm
Reg. Mar 2004
Posted 2013-06-17 7:25 PM (#152830 - in reply to #152805)
Subject: RE: Exiss, Keifer, Merhow, Stratus LT - 7ft vs. 8 ft

Expert

Have an 01 Exiss Event 8', agree, for the roads that are narrow feeling, it is usually small and curvy enough I am taking my time anyway for the horses' sake.  Love the 8' for the horses )mules) and for the extra room in the LQ... plan to keep ours forever...it has done well.

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)