'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Poll another Living Quarters Question

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2014-02-25 9:05 PM
4 replies, 3276 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

kaaron
Reg. Nov 2013
Posted 2014-02-25 11:39 AM (#157665)
Subject: another Living Quarters Question

We have just purchased a wonderful 2004 12' living quarters trailer that we are in the process of updating. We would like to customize it to our needs, lighted the weight load, and put in soft touch walls / ceiling.  Does anyone have any good ideas on good looking, light weight woods to build the cabinets out of? It previously had solid oak cabinets that were very heavy and didn't blend with the wainscott on the walls at all. I would like to leave the wainscott on the walls half way up but can't find anything light weight to blend with it.  Also, I'm having a major time finding a place to buy distressed faux leather vinyl with foam on the back. I love what they use in the Outlaw conversions, however, when I called them they said that it would cost me $49.+ @ yd. for their middle of the road vinyl, plus shipping.  I want the look but don't want to pay that price. They have to buy it from someone.  Any ideas ?? Please ?? I'm anxious to get started on this project as we have gutted everything out and springtime is right around the corner.
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
trailerconsult1
Reg. Mar 2009
Posted 2014-02-25 11:42 AM (#157666 - in reply to #157665)
Subject: RE: another Living Quarters Question

call trail boss interiors

sierra interiors

PDGx
Reg. Jul 2011
Posted 2014-02-25 1:56 PM (#157672 - in reply to #157665)

Veteran

As far as cabinets are concerned, take a look at the unfinished cabinets at Menards/Lowes. You can have oak faces with a lighter weight interior. Then you can stain the cabinet fronts to match any decor. They also have cabinet doors so you can custom make cabinets where stock cabinets aren't available to fit your requirements. That's what I did. I believe the faux leather that we used on our bench seat came from Hobby Lobby. They have a wide variety of finishes. I also used a leather look paneling on the ceiling that came from Menards. It looks real good formed to the arch of the ceiling.
gard
Reg. Aug 2007
Posted 2014-02-25 4:13 PM (#157679 - in reply to #157665)

Expert

Most cabinets sold at big box stores are made of particle board and are quite heavy for their sizes. You can purchase ready to assemble cabinets on line that are solid wood with plywood boxes. These are much lighter and stronger. You will find competitive pricing and better quality. With a simple knock down assembly, they are also easy to modify if you need alterations.
kaaron
Reg. Nov 2013
Posted 2014-02-25 9:05 PM (#157690 - in reply to #157665)

Those are great ideas ... Thank you'll so much! Keep them coming :-)
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)