'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
New to me trailer advice

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2014-06-16 10:10 AM
3 replies, 3255 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

Rlbol
Reg. Jun 2014
Posted 2014-06-15 7:17 PM (#159484)
Subject: New to me trailer advice

New User

I am new to this forum, and would like to say hello.

I spent the last few days reading post here and searching the old inter-web with out to much luck. I don't know if I have the incorrect terminology or just searching the wrong questions. I am hoping some of you might know some threads or even the best place to look for the answers I seek!

I recently acquired a 2000 exiss 4 horse slant load trail. I am not sure of the model but there are some stickers on it that say extreme sx? It is a dual full door with ramp 4 horse slant load with walk out front door an separate tac room in front. If that helps at all!

Overall it is in pretty good condition. There are some items that need fixing though.
So on to my many questions. I apologize for the long first post. I will number the questions hopefully that will help.

1) the best place to order parts from? I need a new exterior tac room door handle. The flap part of the handle broke off. It needs new plastic catches that hold the windows and doors open. Mostly smaller hardware pieces. I am in south Florida and there are lots of rv places as well as trailer supply places but not much for horse trailers.

2) the trailer wiring is set up for a 5 wire plug. I would like to rewire it for a 7 wire plug. There ai a second wired plug from the trailer. It is a round plug about the diameter of a 7 wire plug. However it only has 2 receptacles. One large round one in the middle. There are two wires coming off the plug. Both larger diameter ground and single red wire. They look to be connected to a battery box on the front of the trailer. However there is no battery in the said box.
My thinking is it is to plug in a generator? If so what size battery should I get? Should I tie the power in to the 7 wire plug off the truck, the 20a main power on the truck? There is also another covered mail 110 plug on the trailer. Again I am assuming that is for a 110 generator? The trailer has a few 110 plugs through out as well as one a/c unit in the ceiling of the tack room. There are assorted lights and fans in side the trailer and a loading light outside. I am not sure if they are 12v or 110?

3) a/c! there is one AC unit in the tack room. It is a ceiling unit and says Coleman Mach on the controls. I do not know how it works but would love to get it running!! I am also missing the outside plastic cover and need to purchase one of them .

4) what is the best way to clean up the exterior? The upper sides and front appear to be a polished stainless while the lower have is a mate black. All the aluminum parts are in pretty good shape. They are not pitted but if there was a way of getting the coating uniform verses polishing, I would be interested!

This is going to be a long term project. So I might as well say thank you now for any and all advise and direction!

share Top of the page Bottom of the page
RTSmith
Reg. Nov 2003
Posted 2014-06-16 8:33 AM (#159496 - in reply to #159484)
Subject: RE: New to me trailer advice

Elite Veteran

When you are talking about electrical that you are unfamiliar with, it can get dangerous. I'd suggest you hook it up and run over and see John Stomski at Stomski Horse Trailers.

4720 Melaleuca Ln, Greenacres, FL 33463

(561) 968-3508

Great folks, and can help you sort through what you have hold of. They should also have those parts/pieces you need.
RTSmith
Linda Y
Reg. May 2007
Posted 2014-06-16 9:04 AM (#159497 - in reply to #159484)

Extreme Veteran

For the Coleman: http://www.pplmotorhomes.com/parts/coleman-rv-air-conditioner-parts... the little parts: www.horsetraileraccessorystore.com/ or contact Exiss: http://www.exiss.com/404/default.aspx?aspxerrorpath=/horse-trailer/... for the exterior. They have a formula for both the painted and unpainted parts. I have an Exiss too, and use it on mine.
beeoerdog
Reg. Jan 2014
Posted 2014-06-16 10:10 AM (#159500 - in reply to #159484)

Extreme Veteran

I looks to me that someone (probably an amatuer) has worked on the wiring of your trailer. Best bet is to have an electrician or someone with experience to guide you on the next step.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)