'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
horse heaven ranch oklahoma

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2014-06-06 9:59 PM
4 replies, 4944 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Camp & Trail  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

tango97
Reg. Oct 2011
Posted 2014-06-03 5:26 PM (#159335)
Subject: horse heaven ranch oklahoma

Just checking to  see how the trails are? Thinking about checking it out before it get to hot!!

share Top of the page Bottom of the page
cajunmuleman
Reg. Oct 2011
Posted 2014-06-03 5:31 PM (#159336 - in reply to #159335)
Subject: RE: horse heaven ranch oklahoma

Elite Veteran

We have ridden very close to here at Cedar Lake in Heavener, OK and had a good time. They share some trails with Horse Haven I was told. At Cedar Lake the trails begin at the rear of your campsite. They have many miles of trails and a Bar not to far away in the woods.
calamityj
Reg. Jun 2005
Posted 2014-06-03 5:35 PM (#159337 - in reply to #159335)

Elite Veteran

The trails are good.... some easy, some challenging,better than Cedar Lake. The camp is AWESOME!!!! We have been there several times, enjoyed it. There are also cabins with pens. There are plenty of sites for huge rigs. Effie will take good care of you.
CTRider
Reg. Sep 2009
Posted 2014-06-06 10:14 AM (#159369 - in reply to #159335)

Extreme Veteran

Sorry but Horse Heaven IS NOT better than Cedar Lake. We camp at Cedar Lake all the time and the trails at HH were so much more rocky even our horses got a bit sore. Much of the trail was down gravelly roads.We did enjoy some of the Cherokee Nation Trail but all in all I would much rather ride at Cedar Lake. Horse Heaven does have alot of sites and a few have sewer but I would not call them easy to get into. Specially if you have a bigger rig. The concrete pad was too short for our 3 horse with just a 10ft LQ. And they arent very wide, you step off the edge when you step out the rig. There are only a very few sites that have any shade and most of them had RV campers in them. The trails dont directly join to Cedar Lake within a round trip riding distance. And the pens at Horse Heaven were horrible horse liability traps. They are supposed to be working on them, but when we were there late last summer most were broken and not usable, thus limiting where we parked/camped. They are made of stretchy white cable which both stretches down on the ground and breaks. One of our horses stepped on it and got it hung under his shoe. Thankfully we were right there and he neither hurt himself or damaged his shoe. We cut the mess with bolt cutters and worked it out from under his shoe. They do have nice cabins with better stabling at them, and there is a nice place to eat in nearby Talihina. I wont say I will never go back. The Cherokee Nation Trail and a couple others are good exploring, just it is not as nice as Cedar Lake, trails or camp. Of course thats my opinion :) Cedar Lake also has pretty much all shady sites.
calamityj
Reg. Jun 2005
Posted 2014-06-06 9:59 PM (#159371 - in reply to #159335)

Elite Veteran

I would agree that they are pretty rocky... there are many other fine places we prefer to ridc. We pulled in with a Sportchassis pulling a 45' trailer and had no problem. It doesn't matter if we have hookups or not, therefore, our choices are easier.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)