'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Bison LQ Trl battery connection question

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2014-08-03 11:09 AM
2 replies, 4404 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

msyrus1965
Reg. Aug 2014
Posted 2014-08-03 8:12 AM (#160239)
Subject: Bison LQ Trl battery connection question

New User

I just purchased a 2011 Bison Trail Express. There were new 2 batteries put in about a year ago and they are now dead and gone. I replaced them yesterday, but I want to be sure I have the connections correct before I connect them (the previous owner thinks they were connected wrong before). The ground connections I understand and they are fine. However there are three red wires that I want to get right. There is a jumper wire that I plan to connect the two batteries. There is a red wire that goes strait to the hydraulic jack (I connected that to a positive terminal). Additionally there are two red wire coming from the trailer; one goes through an open terminal mounted on the bulkhead of the trailer near the batteries and the other has an in-line fuse. My intention was to connect them to a different positive terminal. That would mean one pos terminal would have the jack, the wire from the bulkhead, and the wire connecting it to the other battery. The other battery would have one from the bulkhead and the wire connecting it to the other battery. I have tried to find a schematic on-line but have come up empty, if anyone has any knowledge on this I would appreciate it.
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
beeoerdog
Reg. Jan 2014
Posted 2014-08-03 11:05 AM (#160243 - in reply to #160239)
Subject: RE: Bison LQ Trl battery connection question

Extreme Veteran

All the red wires go to the positive terminal of one battery. The grounds or negatives go to the negative terminal of the other battery.Same for 12v or 6v. If 12v, jumper from positive to positive and jumper negative to negative. If 6v, jumper from negative 1st battery to positive second battery.
beeoerdog
Reg. Jan 2014
Posted 2014-08-03 11:09 AM (#160244 - in reply to #160239)
Subject: RE: Bison LQ Trl battery connection question

Extreme Veteran

Batteries failing in a year probably caused by lack of maintenance. Batteries like to stay charged and you need to check the water. Make sure your converter is working properly.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)