'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Issues with Norcold fridge working on propane

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2014-09-07 9:10 PM
2 replies, 3057 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

Cowgirl46
Reg. Nov 2009
Posted 2014-09-07 4:25 PM (#160674)
Subject: Issues with Norcold fridge working on propane

I have a 2001 4-Star 3H with Outlaw LQ.  I have a 3.0 Norcold fridge.  It works GREAT on electric, but gas, not very good.  The previous owners had never used the fridge, so we expected problems.  The flue in the line for the propane was clogged, and we've actually cleaned it twice.  The pilot will light, it will get cold in the freezer, but not real cold in the fridge part, and traveling down the road, it will not stay lit.  I'm wondering if there could be a problem with the line from the tank to the fridge or possibly a kink or leak in it.. because the fridge will work on gas, but not as well as it does on electric, and will not stay on pulling down the road. I use my fridge ALOT, so I like having one that works ALL the time.  Before I take it in to someone to look at it, I'm hoping for some thoughts/ideas from the forum.   

Thanks for all input... trying to save myself some $, but poor hubby more misery...

share Top of the page Bottom of the page
beeoerdog
Reg. Jan 2014
Posted 2014-09-07 9:06 PM (#160679 - in reply to #160674)
Subject: RE: Issues with Norcold fridge working on propane

Extreme Veteran

Couple of things......not all models are designed to be used on gas when travelling. The orifice at the burner and the jet need to be clean as well as the flue....Is it a three way with DC power for travelling?Have you read the owners manual????.You can find it on line free...Just google the name and model number. Most maintenance requirements are listed in the manual and some show how to do them as well.
diggerdoo
Reg. Oct 2009
Posted 2014-09-07 9:10 PM (#160680 - in reply to #160674)
Subject: RE: Issues with Norcold fridge working on propane

Veteran

I had problems with my Dometic fridge staying on propane, also. It needed a new circuit board , which we purchased online and my hubby installed. The part was under $100 and he didn't have any problems putting it in. There was also an adjustment in there somewhere for the temperature. I would think your fridge would be similar as the Dometic and if you do a search on here for Dometic refrigerator, you will see some discussions. Good luck!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)