'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Brake controller not working

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2014-10-10 4:19 AM
4 replies, 4094 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

tctgolden
Reg. Dec 2010
Posted 2013-06-21 5:01 PM (#152876)
Subject: Brake controller not working

hi everyone, i love this site so much information, i need some help as i have no idea where to start(silly girl), i have a 2001 GMC duramax that i have had a break control unit on for at least 7yrs i have had 3 different gooseneck trailers over the yrs that i pulled and last yr bought 2 horse steel bumper pull for short drives once in a while when i apply the brakes my controller will act as though there are no breaks i get a 13 ( error i assume) not a normat 20-25 that i set it at. if i tap the breaks a few times it will work i always have lights on the trailer including the brake lights. I figured no big deal maybe bad ground but i only use it for short rides to the vet and such pulling one horse, Well i  bought a brand new trailer this spring 3 horse all aluminum with living quarters i have used it  about 5 times so far with no issues went on a camping trip last weekend no problems on the way there but when leaving to come home i noticed i had the 13 error so unplugged it and replugged it still no  breaks all the way home, i have never had this problem before with the big trailers, on the way there i thought i smelled something like electrical in the truck  but the window was open and i passed a large dump truck so i just thought it was something out side smell went a way very quickly i believe i had breaks the whole way there, and i do unplug the trailer from the trailer when i get to my destinations and it did rain the night before i left any help would be appreciated. so such a long post
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
skippyvcu
Reg. May 2006
Posted 2013-06-21 5:23 PM (#152877 - in reply to #152876)
Subject: RE: Brake controller not working

Regular

What brand brake controller?
tctgolden
Reg. Dec 2010
Posted 2013-06-21 5:31 PM (#152878 - in reply to #152876)

i am not even sure id have to look and the funny thing is i have the truck at the shop to do some basic maintenance(nothing with the brakes though ). I can tell you it was not a very expensive one just one i picked up at our local Fleet Farm store.

I did forget to post that i did grease the crap out of the ball on the truck before i left that day as it was very dry and rusty but it worked on the way there.

tctgolden
Reg. Dec 2010
Posted 2013-06-21 5:40 PM (#152879 - in reply to #152876)

also when i tried to use the

manual brake it did not work either.
sara736
Reg. Oct 2014
Posted 2014-10-10 4:19 AM (#161096 - in reply to #152876)

New User

In a perfect world, lent items would be returned in the same as, or better condition than when they were loaned. Unfortunately today's environment often embraces the phrase "it's not MY fault". You should expect that any item returned damaged would be attended to by the last user. That is what is proper, but often taken to the courts to settle.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)