'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Sioux City, Iowa over-night boarding

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2014-12-08 9:12 AM
6 replies, 4462 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Camp & Trail  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

rhooton
Reg. Dec 2013
Posted 2014-12-04 12:27 PM (#161924)
Subject: Sioux City, Iowa over-night boarding

Regular

Hello everyone, hope you are all having a wonderful holiday season.  I am planing a trip to South Dakota next summer to trail ride and planing ahead....does anyone know of any overnight horse boarding facilities or horse camps around Sioux City, Iowa?  Rodeo Grounds?
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
lmassom
Reg. Jul 2014
Posted 2014-12-04 12:53 PM (#161925 - in reply to #161924)
Subject: RE: Sioux City, Iowa over-night boarding

We're also planning on going to SD/CO next fall and have started looking for camp sites. I don't remember what town in SD, but there's a Cabella's with horse stalls for overnighters somewhere in SD. I'll try to run the location down as the person who would know is out of town.
lmassom
Reg. Jul 2014
Posted 2014-12-04 1:06 PM (#161927 - in reply to #161924)

Ok, I looked at the Cabela web sites and alot of there stores have horse oorrels and RV parking. The ones that may help you are Mitchell, SD, Rapid City, SD, or LaVista NE. depending on your route and timing.
rhooton
Reg. Dec 2013
Posted 2014-12-04 1:40 PM (#161928 - in reply to #161927)

Regular

Thanks, I'll check into that. Where are you planning on going in Colorado? We stayed at the Winding River Horse camp in Colorado last summer and loved it. Then late in the summer we went to New Mexico and stayed at the Gillespie ranch near Mayhill in the Lincoln National Forest.
lmassom
Reg. Jul 2014
Posted 2014-12-05 5:32 AM (#161938 - in reply to #161924)

We'll still investigating where to go. We want to check out the Mt Rushmore area in SD as well. Jane's daughter lives in Denver so we'll probably spend some time around there and then we'll hoping to retire out there maybe around Jefferson so we would like check that area. Most of the camp sites don't appear to be too dog friendly so that's causing us some concern. Normally, we leave them in the trailer while out on the trail but many of camp sites in CO says we can't do that . So any recommendations on dog friendly sites would be welcome.
Cin
Reg. Jan 2014
Posted 2014-12-08 6:53 AM (#161963 - in reply to #161924)

Regular

We stayed at Elk Rock State a Park its in Knoxville Iowa.We were the only ones,had the place to ourselves.We didn't like the stalls.We used the riding ring as it was empty.Once we got to S.D. We stayed at Broken Arrow.LOVED IT.The hosts were great.We would go back for sure.They even had cabins for rent .So cute.It's a great place to ride.Everyone we met were helpful and nice.I hope you have as great a trip as we did.
bjos
Reg. Jun 2005
Posted 2014-12-08 9:12 AM (#161965 - in reply to #161924)

There is a horsecamp about 40 miles from Sioux city is at Newcastle ne . It is turkey creek horsecamp. Website www.turkeycreekne.com . The folks that run this are amazing and the riding there is too! It would be a excellent spot for you to overnight. They have horse pens and electrical/ water hookups. At the black hills we have stayed at elk haven horsecamp ,right by Custer st park and also at broken arrow horse camp ,both places are nice. We have also stayed at haycreek ranch by nemo sd and this is excellent. Hope this info helps you.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)