'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
2015 Lakota horse trailer slide.

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2014-12-26 1:34 PM
1 replies, 3878 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

retento
Reg. Aug 2004
Posted 2014-12-26 1:04 PM (#162174)
Subject: 2015 Lakota horse trailer slide.

Expert

Can anyone tell me how the slide works on the new Lakota trailers? I looked at one last week and there is a series of cables that draws the slide in and out, maybe.... I have looked at the brochures, asked the salesperson and all I can get out of anyone is the slide is moved in and out by a cable, winch and pulley system. I can see there are four cables to pull the slide in, but those cables don't push the slide out. Maybe there is only one cable threaded from one side to the other, wound onto a spool. Winch turns one direction to draw slide out, reverse direction to draw in....... I want to know what makes it GO. How reliable is this system? Better than hydraulic? Better than electric worm screw actuators? Anyone had any dealings with this system? Gard, Hosspuller, Paul C. Anyone? TIA
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
gard
Reg. Aug 2007
Posted 2014-12-26 1:34 PM (#162175 - in reply to #162174)
Subject: RE: 2015 Lakota horse trailer slide.

Expert

Sorry Gary, I have no first hand knowledge of this trailer slide system. I've worked many years on other cable systems, and found them to be reliable, but finicky if not rigged correctly. Also if the cables are not pre-stretched before their installation, or properly tensioned afterwards, things can go amiss. As they age and stretch, their rigging can be similarly affected, and their functions will be negatively changed. It's similar to the stretching of a new bar chain on a chain saw. A simple pulley system can be arranged to move an object in opposing directions. I'm sure there are necessary maintenance issues to maintain a proper operation. There are many examples currently being used. The various manufacturers have had the time and experience to offer working slides. Unless one builder has a particularly bad reputation, I would think well known brands should be able to furnish you with what you want and need. The obvious advice would be best obtained from the owner of a similar trailer, and not a rep for the company. Best of luck.....
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)