'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Trailer advise

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2015-02-04 11:32 AM
2 replies, 3256 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

Bettie
Reg. Feb 2015
Posted 2015-02-03 9:03 PM (#162455)
Subject: Trailer advise

New User

I need some advise, 4Star-vs-Featherlite? I'm looking at a nice used 4 star 2H w/LQ or New Featherlite 2Hw/LQ . Have heard that Featherlite made a very good quality trailer, but at some point the quality was not as good and they had problems with floors. If true, have the issues with featherlite been addressed and improved? I would very much appreciate good input here. I want a safe ride for my horses and self. Thank you
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
huntseat
Reg. Oct 2003
Posted 2015-02-04 6:02 AM (#162456 - in reply to #162455)
Subject: RE: Trailer advise

Expert

Older 4Stars are quality trailers, they now make a "value line" called Runabout which isn't the same quality trailer that 4Star made it's name building. We have a 24' livestock Featherlite (within the last year production) and I can say it's very solid made. I have no question about it's structural integrity now or for many, many years to come. When you buy an older trailer make sure you have it inspected by a knowledgeable person. The LQ shouldn't leak or have evidence of water damage. All appliances should work, including the water heater and AC! Check the underside of the trailer of structural issues and pull the mats out, don't just flip them up but drag them out and get down and inspect the floor for corrosion and chalking. A new trailer comes with a warranty, if it matters!
Bettie
Reg. Feb 2015
Posted 2015-02-04 11:32 AM (#162458 - in reply to #162456)
Subject: RE: Trailer advise

New User

Thanks you for the advise. The 4 star is approx. 7 yrs old, one owner, it's not the runabout model. I can only go by pictures, it is not near me to get a look at it. It has had gentle use and looks to be in very nice condition, seller said everything is in working order, good tires.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)