'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Floor Bedliner

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2015-02-15 9:57 AM
2 replies, 2971 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

jmey1820
Reg. Aug 2009
Posted 2015-02-14 5:44 PM (#162568)
Subject: Floor Bedliner

Regular

I have read the directions for applying bedliner to the aluminum floors and I am not sure it is something we are up to doing on our own. Does anyone know of any companies in the mid Michigan area that does it?
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
gard
Reg. Aug 2007
Posted 2015-02-14 9:13 PM (#162572 - in reply to #162568)
Subject: RE: Floor Bedliner

Expert

Any name brand bed liner installer can apply a two part, hot applied product. (Linex. Rhino, Xtreme etc.) These materials are more durable than the single part, cold applied DIY applications. They will however, cost significantly more than the DIY materials. You will also have to make sure, the applications are applied over a properly cleaned and prepared aluminum floor. There is a problem that has occured, when the installers treat the aluminum as they would a steel automotive product. An improper preparation can result in the delamination of the liner. Some businesses will not provide a warranty on their products whilst installed on horse trailer flooring.
trbomax
Reg. May 2014
Posted 2015-02-15 9:57 AM (#162575 - in reply to #162568)
Subject: RE: Floor Bedliner

Regular

She will be fine because the stall floor does not have any corrosion issues. I used airesol bedliner around the edges to seal up the seams last year. Just go over it with bronze wool,vacume an d go for it.The bronze wool provides a "tooth" for the bedliner.I wouldnt use steel wool because any steel fragments remaining wouldnt be a good mix with aluminum.I can give this advise because its our old Merhow that she has!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)