'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Kiefer/Exiss/Sundowner

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2015-05-30 4:51 AM
3 replies, 3344 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

Expresiva
Reg. May 2015
Posted 2015-05-29 5:26 PM (#163578)
Subject: Kiefer/Exiss/Sundowner

New User

I did first do a search but wasn't getting the results back that I wanted, so I'm going to go ahead and hopefully get some opinions. I'm looking for a lightweight 2 Horse, slant load bumper pull. I want it to be under 2600 lbs. I have it narrowed down to 3 models that are within a reasonable distance from me. All are new. Kiefer Kruiser, Exiss 620 and Sundowner Super Sport. Are there any red flags that anyone is aware of with any of these? They are all within $1000 of each other in price. My husband likes the idea of the Sundowner, because we used to have one and he likes the way it looks. I hate the stock trailer looking "windows" on the side and the back. The Kiefer Kruiser is darn near perfect with the exception that it does not have left side running boards, and I cannot reach to open the access windows for the horses without a running board (or toting a bucket along with me, which, while I could do....meh). The Exiss is already equipped with everything that I want, but I'm wondering if I'm sacrificing a great deal of quality with any of them. Manufacturer website information isn't terribly helpful on any of them, and they are all at 3 different dealers. so I cannot compare side by side, and every dealer wants me to buy their trailer so I'm not going to get any of the "cons" from them, only the "pros". Does anyone have any advice?
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Expresiva
Reg. May 2015
Posted 2015-05-29 5:38 PM (#163579 - in reply to #163578)
Subject: RE: Kiefer/Exiss/Sundowner

New User

Oh, and I forgot to mention the Cherokee 2 horse bumper pull - runs the most expensive of them all but it does have everything I want. The dealer is kind of a jerk. But if the quality exceeds the others, I'd still entertain it.
loveduffy
Reg. Feb 2006
Posted 2015-05-29 7:58 PM (#163580 - in reply to #163578)

Expert

first I will say welcome and I would go with the one that has what you wont I think they all are good
huntseat
Reg. Oct 2003
Posted 2015-05-30 4:51 AM (#163590 - in reply to #163578)

Expert

It's going to come down to what you want/need in the end. With that being said, do not buy from a dealer that is already acting like a jerk before they have your money. You will have to use the service department (even if it's minor) so make sure they have a good one and have the ability to get it in for routine maintenance. Always trust your gut, it's your money and your choice. You can always ask the dealers to bring the trailers to a common location for a good head to toe comparison, the worst answer they can give you would be no. If you can't swing that, try and catch all the trailers at a horse/livestock show on display.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)