'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Towing a 21ft. 7ft. sw LQ 3 horse trailer Gooseneck

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2015-08-09 11:16 AM
1 replies, 2843 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

sonnychi
Reg. Aug 2015
Posted 2015-08-08 11:16 PM (#164383)
Subject: Towing a 21ft. 7ft. sw LQ 3 horse trailer Gooseneck

New User

Hi GUYS, I had a bad scare 2 weeks ago while towing my gooseneck trailer. My trailer went off the dirt rd. No one was hurt and I was able to get my horse out and a friend hooked on to my truck which was up on the rd on all 4 tires and pulled me and my trailer up on the rd. I am fairly new to pulling this long of a trailer, my last trailer GN was 15 ft. I had just went around a blind corner on narrow rd. The rd. then widened and I did not move over. The edge was soft, gravel rutty rd. I was in 4x4 shifting between 2nd and 1st. overdrive off.Would love to hear any input, information on what to do or not to do towing. My truck I was towing with is a 3/4 Dodge Hemi Quad cab 5.7 Automatic. I just bought a 2005 Dodge Diesel 3500.Thanks ahead of time.
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
cutter99
Reg. Sep 2007
Posted 2015-08-09 11:16 AM (#164386 - in reply to #164383)
Subject: RE: Towing a 21ft. 7ft. sw LQ 3 horse trailer Gooseneck

Extreme Veteran

Always drive as defensively as possible. Handle blind curves as slowly and carefully as possible. Watch hooking a tire or tires off the side of the road as you might not be able to correct that once it starts. With today's Internet technology and a good GPS, many times you can get a good idea of what a road is like before you actually drive it. Remember to leave plenty of room when making turns.I think the biggest issue I see when towing, other than other stupid drivers causing problems, is people driving too fast. Not saying you need to crawl, but remember how much weight you are towing and that it does take some effort to keep it under control.Best wishes and safe travels!
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)