'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Tips to make hitching a gooseneck easier?

Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2016-02-29 10:33 AM
27 replies, 18342 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

Trail man
Reg. Dec 2012
Posted 2016-02-28 4:24 PM (#166253 - in reply to #105480)
Subject: RE: Tips to make hitching a gooseneck easier?

Go to an RV trailer store. They make a fiberglass pole about 2 feet Long wilth a magnet on one end. Put it on your ball in upright position. As you back looking only in your rear view mirror align the pole with your gooseneck. When the gooseneck tips over the pole, stop. You will be exactly over the ball. Just back slowly. Works every time for me. The poles come in a set of two for use with bumper pulls. Give one to a friend with a gooseneck!
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
huntseat
Reg. Oct 2003
Posted 2016-02-28 5:11 PM (#166255 - in reply to #105480)

Expert

Second the above post. My father does this, my original thoughts were why would I want to get in the bed first to place the pole on the ball. My father has a turnover ball, so he's in there anyways. I have to flop open my permanently mounted ball box lid, so I'm already in the bed too. When you climb in the bed to latch your hitch and snap your chains and breakaway cable you can retrieve the pole. It also stores nicely behind the back seat. Best method I've seen/found if you need a visual guide.
Muleguy
Reg. Dec 2015
Posted 2016-02-29 10:33 AM (#166274 - in reply to #105480)

Same idea-I just use an extendable magnetic pickup tool. You can buy them at an Auto parts store for less than $5 and they fit in your pocket. Tie a piece of orange ribbon to make it easier to see.
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)