'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
LQ Upgrade

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2016-02-28 6:30 PM
4 replies, 3466 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

perk2754
Reg. Oct 2007
Posted 2016-02-19 7:44 PM (#166168)
Subject: LQ Upgrade

Veteran

Hi there, we have an older (1994??) Sundowner LQ. The trailer is solid but the LQ is getting old and worn and we are interested in possibly refurbishing the LQ. Does anyone know of any companies that do this type of work? One would think that the cost shouldn't be too bad given that it already has the plumbing, electrical, etc... Thoughts or comments?
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
slowrider
Reg. Apr 2010
Posted 2016-02-20 9:53 AM (#166177 - in reply to #166168)
Subject: RE: LQ Upgrade

Regular

I've never had someone else do the remodel, but it probably depends on how much you can/want to re-use. You can see prices online for new refrigerator, sink, cooktop, flat-screen TV and microwave, plus whatever labor they put into it. We re-did our living quarters ourselves,but not the bathroom, about 5 years ago. We already had the fridge, but still spent a couple thousand dollars. This year, we're re-doing the bathroom and holding tanks, I anticipate that will cost about $2500.
cajunmuleman
Reg. Oct 2011
Posted 2016-02-20 11:53 AM (#166178 - in reply to #166168)

Elite Veteran

I have a 1999 Silverlite that my wife and really like. We brought it to Bunkhouse Conversions in Alabama to have it updated. We are very happy with the results. They did it in the time frame that they told us and did a few extra things for the same $. I am in Louisiana and no ties to them ( just FYI ) It came back like a new trailer.
perk2754
Reg. Oct 2007
Posted 2016-02-20 2:44 PM (#166179 - in reply to #166168)

Veteran

I used to live in GA but am now living in NH so finding a place in the New England area would be nice. The holding tanks are relatively new thanks to a pesky tree stump in a pasture Our fridge is shot and needs to be replaced but everything else works okay. I might just look into having the fabric items redone and I can redo the vinyl floor myself. That might freshen it up enough to get by for awhile.
perk2754
Reg. Oct 2007
Posted 2016-02-28 6:30 PM (#166257 - in reply to #166168)

Veteran

I took a good long look at the LQ today and came away not nearly as depressed as I thought I was going to be. Yes, the fridge is shot but aside from that I think I have a lot to work with. There was/is a small leak in the roof that, unfortunately, was not detected until some damage was done to the interior. Aside from that most of the interior seems in good shape. We might repaint some things and add a back splash but I think we can keep the refurbishing to a minimal
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)