'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Insect screens for heat, air, water heater, good or bad

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2016-05-10 1:15 AM
1 replies, 3234 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

agfckrowe
Reg. Jun 2009
Posted 2016-05-09 12:20 PM (#167031)
Subject: Insect screens for heat, air, water heater, good or bad

I was about to buy insect screens to stop mud daubers from getting in the fridge and heat vents, and also the hot water vents. Then I read they reduce airflow and can cause problems that way. We live in a dusty dirty area and by August dust and dirt cling do everything, just as a 3 mile drive down gravel does.So - yes or no to the screens? Which brand is best? I'm not good at making my own or putting stuff together so if they are good at keeping out bugs then I need to buy them rather than think I can make them.Currently put masking tape over the openings but last year forgot and turned the fridge on and had to take it to the RV place to get the fridge reset.Also its hard to for me to understand if they can get into the hot water heater area - the vent part looks vulnerable but the other part is where they have the screen on (using amazon.com as an example http://www.amazon.com/Camco-42151-Flying-Insect-Heater/dp/B004804NN...) Doesn't the water heater vents need both parts? Why do they sell only one?Thanks in advance for your advice.
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
PaulChristenson
Reg. Jan 2007
Posted 2016-05-10 1:15 AM (#167037 - in reply to #167031)
Subject: RE: Insect screens for heat, air, water heater, good or bad

Expert

Just set them up that they are easily removable for cleaning
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'