'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Horse Trailer dressing room

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2006-01-19 6:52 PM
6 replies, 4062 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

RamblingRose
Reg. Jan 2006
Posted 2006-01-18 12:27 PM (#35666)
Subject: Horse Trailer dressing room

New User

I just recently purchased a 2 horse slant load horse trailer (Sundowner 727) that has 2 extra feet added to the dressing room (which is just big and white)...cold.  I want to know if anyone has some ideas for me to use to insulate, panel and make some storage areas that I could use.  Is there a particular type of paneling that I should use, can that same paneling be used to create some cupboards, what type of insulation.  Should the paneling go right down to the floor (it is carpeted). Any help would be greatly appreciated.
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
barry
Reg. May 2005
Posted 2006-01-18 2:54 PM (#35677 - in reply to #35666)
Subject: RE: Horse Trailer dressing room

Veteran

I am just finishing up a dressing room upgrade. Will post photos when I can. Now if I just had a microwave, fridge, toilet, shower, bed, table I would be able to run with the big dogs . . .
maccwall
Reg. May 2004
Posted 2006-01-18 4:13 PM (#35683 - in reply to #35666)

Extreme Veteran

Welcome to the forum RamblingRose. If you do a search you'll come up with plenty of reading and ideas. I have some pictures of what I did on my site.
http://todd.redwrench.com

RamblingRose
Reg. Jan 2006
Posted 2006-01-19 2:28 PM (#35725 - in reply to #35666)

New User

Hi,

I'm trying to get some idea of how to go about getting my trailer finished. Your photos look great and it sure is giving me ideas. Could you please email the photos to me so that I can print them to show them to my husband.

rmn.dmp@verizon.net

Thanks

Rose

maccwall
Reg. May 2004
Posted 2006-01-19 6:29 PM (#35737 - in reply to #35725)

Extreme Veteran

Hi Rose.

I really have way too many to many to e-mail. If you click on the pictures on the web site they enlarge to where you should be able to print them.

hounddog
Reg. Dec 2005
Posted 2006-01-19 6:47 PM (#35740 - in reply to #35666)

Expert

I used R/MAX from Lowes.Its used to wrap a house before vinyl siding is put on.It can be lightly scored with a razor knife and will pop around curves etc.Glued it on with Strong as nails adhesive in a caulk gun.Then I used a low priced carpet on sale from Lowes with rubber backing and a spray adhesive.Carpeted the whole deal from roof down.Much easier to slide carpet on adhesvie the it was to cut and install panaling at least to me.Did a 8 foot dreesing room in a weekend.From 8am to midnight but still in a weekend.
RamblingRose
Reg. Jan 2006
Posted 2006-01-19 6:52 PM (#35741 - in reply to #35666)

New User

Hi Todd,

I'm new to this site and needed a little time to figure out how to find things. Your photos are great...now I have to get busy. My trailer is brand new and just like an artists' pallet right now...ready for anything. I printed some of your photos so that I can to use them for reference. One question, first you put up your furring strips, then the cabinet doors, is there anything behind the cabinet doors? I mean, they don't have backs.  I'm really a rooky, guess you can tell. 

Rose

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)