'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Hay Racks or Pods

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2006-03-23 10:07 AM
3 replies, 3434 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

Judy K
Reg. Dec 2005
Posted 2006-03-22 8:54 AM (#39293)
Subject: Hay Racks or Pods

Veteran

Need some opinions....bought a used trailer - I want to install a hay rack - what does everyone think - enclosed pod or regular rack - where do I look to buy and install these? Thanks for any and all information!
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Road Dog
Reg. Feb 2006
Posted 2006-03-22 6:44 PM (#39332 - in reply to #39293)
Subject: RE: Hay Racks or Pods

It depends on what you are going to put on your hayrack or in your haypod. If it will indeed be used for hay and or shavings, how often are you in the rain where it would be an advantage to have these items  covered. Do you have a way to get the items to the top of your trailer? If you are using it for portable panels and extra water storage, I prefer a hayrack.
Judy K
Reg. Dec 2005
Posted 2006-03-23 7:50 AM (#39371 - in reply to #39293)

Veteran

We are using it mostly for hay - our previous trailer had a rack - and we just tarped it at night for rain or dew....but I didn't know where to look for one...is there anything online or should I contact a dealer to order?Is this something a handyman, perfectionist husband could install? Thanks!
Road Dog
Reg. Feb 2006
Posted 2006-03-23 10:07 AM (#39385 - in reply to #39371)

If you don't mind the tarping, the hay rack will be the most economical way to go. If there is a dealer near you that sells the brand of trailer that you purchased, they would be able to order a hay rack from the factory. Some hay racks bolt on and some weld on, so these are the things you will need to  know before you decide if your husband could install it.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)