'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Resale Value

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2007-12-10 2:55 PM
4 replies, 4160 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

mocowgirl@aol.com
Reg. Dec 2007
Posted 2007-12-08 10:28 PM (#72667)
Subject: Resale Value

New User

I am looking at the Platinum or Exiss brands of trailers.  Does anyone have an opinion on the resale value of these trailers? 
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
crowleysridgegirl
Reg. Apr 2005
Posted 2007-12-09 10:09 AM (#72674 - in reply to #72667)
Subject: RE: Resale Value

Expert

Wetraded our Platinum '03 3H 10'SW w/Outlaw Conversion for our Exiss 3H 12'SW w/Sierra Conversion and we were given $2000 less than we'd paid for it.We bought it in March,'05 and traded it in Nov.of '06.It was 3 years old at the time.However,we had not had the trailer that long,and it looked brand new when we traded it in.We take excellent care of our trailers.The horse compartments barely looked used,I had done a great deal of work cleaning up and shining,ect.

Platinum makes a very good trailer.We are just as pleased with our Exiss.I like the way Platinum lines the walls in the horse compartment using steel rivets to secure the liner to the walls.The floor was a solid sheet whereas the Exiss floor is ribbed for better drainage.

Depends on the price,condition,and other variables that only you can answer that will meet your needs.

gard
Reg. Aug 2007
Posted 2007-12-10 8:55 AM (#72707 - in reply to #72667)

Expert

If you browse the adds in HTW you can get an idea of the prices of both new and used equipment. Most of the aluminum trailers hold their value quite well compared to steel. In fact with the pricing of the new trailers escalating so quickly, the values of the used equipment are increasing as well. This has allowed some owners to sell their trailers at a price close to their original cost.

However, if this fuel crunch continues to put the hurt on so many people, you undoubtedly will see more recreational owners, cutting their loses and selling their rigs and livestock. This will drive down the prices of  many new and used horse related products. Crew cab duallys that were the big ticket in this area are now at a surplus, with many sitting unsold on the lots. My last fuel stop cost $3.59 a gallon, and put a real hurting on a $100 bill.

In addition, with the crunch in the housing market peaking next year, many more people will be adversely affected, and won't be able to maintain their present lifestyles. The weekend warriors will be hurt badly, and will have to shed their superfluous expenses. Many more items will be for sale than normal and it will become a buyer's market.

This combination of events will seriously effect how people will be able to allocate their expenditures. If you can wait to buy, I would consider speculating for a few months and see what happens.

BOL   Gard

Edited by gard 2007-12-10 9:17 AM
crowleysridgegirl
Reg. Apr 2005
Posted 2007-12-10 9:13 AM (#72708 - in reply to #72707)

Expert

Agreed.It's a shame to think that you can get bargains because of this,but,that's the way things are now.It's a good time to look for horse trailers.
barntoys4mom
Reg. May 2007
Posted 2007-12-10 2:55 PM (#72731 - in reply to #72667)

Veteran

Speaking as a "weekend worrier" and one whos husband is in the realestate industry, resale values are a huge consideration in this market! I agree that if you can hold out for a while, you'll get a better deal in the long run. I noticed when I sold my Sundowner this past summer and found a newer one that Sundowner and 4 Star seem to hold their value a little better than the exiss. I spent about 6 months making sure I got a great deal. Good luck! 
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)