'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
When to De-Winterize

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2008-04-04 9:30 AM
2 replies, 3052 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

Angelmay84
Reg. Jan 2008
Posted 2008-04-04 8:41 AM (#81134)
Subject: When to De-Winterize

Veteran

Okay, so I'm dying to camp.  I'm located in central Illinois.  Right now, the lows are between 39-44 degrees at night highs in the 50's during the day.   I looked at the extended forecast and they expect it to be the same way for the next week.  Am I safe to de-winterize?   I suppose that even if it dropped to freezing overnight one night, the inside of the trailer probably wouldn't freeze up, right?  What should I do?  Supposed to be sunny and WARM this weekend...BOTH days!  I gotta ride!

Amanda

share Top of the page Bottom of the page
robdnorm
Reg. Jan 2005
Posted 2008-04-04 9:21 AM (#81144 - in reply to #81134)
Subject: RE: When to De-Winterize

Extreme Veteran

We have gone ahead and de-winterized our trailer.  If all else fails and you do get a real cold snap, you can just put a space heater in the trailer on the nights if it gets real cold.  Hopefully your trails aren't as soaked as ours will be down this way.  We have gotten soaked this past week.
gard
Reg. Aug 2007
Posted 2008-04-04 9:30 AM (#81147 - in reply to #81134)
Subject: RE: When to De-Winterize

Expert

You've got Spring fever! When the lows aren't consistently in the freezing range, it would probably be safe to break your trailer out of hibernation. If you are only doing day trips, perhaps you can forgo charging your water system until warm weather is assured.

If you get into a jamb, as was stated, an inexpensive ceramic heater will keep things warm.

Gard

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)