'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Feed Bags in Trailer

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2008-06-11 10:10 AM
2 replies, 2973 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

NorCal
Reg. Aug 2007
Posted 2008-06-10 6:22 PM (#85486)
Subject: Feed Bags in Trailer

I know this has been discussed before, but what are the opinions of the best feed bag to install in a gooseneck trailer.  I am considering getting the branded bags for the trailer but was wondering what feedback there may be on products such as Professional Choice, etc.  Also, do these manufacturers supply the mounting hardware with the bags or do you have to make trips to the hardware store to get what you need?  What have you found to be the more durable bags?  I know some people prefer to use the hanging bags, which I now use, but am considering changing as it is easier to deal with built-ins.
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Dunoir
Reg. Sep 2005
Posted 2008-06-11 10:02 AM (#85514 - in reply to #85486)
Subject: RE: Feed Bags in Trailer

Elite Veteran

My previous trailer had the corner feed/hay bags and while I did like them, I had 2 different horses (not mine) that must have been pawers as they put their foot through them....  I had a lot of sewing repairs to do and after that I took them out anytime I trailered someone else's horse. 

They don't come with the rings that you need to attach to the walls in 3 places, plus you will probably need double clips to attach them.  My latest trailer doesn't have the rings in place, and I've gotten used to hanging a hay bag and have no plans to spend more money to install rings.

retento
Reg. Aug 2004
Posted 2008-06-11 10:10 AM (#85515 - in reply to #85486)
Subject: RE: Feed Bags in Trailer

Expert

http://www.horsetrailerworld.com/forum/thread-view.asp?threadid=9494
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'