'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Bar Fifty Ranch, Bismarck, Ark

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2006-10-17 12:56 PM
2 replies, 3353 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Camp & Trail  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

bjhouten
Reg. Nov 2004
Posted 2006-10-16 10:39 PM (#50183)
Subject: Bar Fifty Ranch, Bismarck, Ark

Extreme Veteran

I just returned from a really great long weekend at Bar Fifty Ranch.

http://www.barfiftyranch.com

I highly recommend it! Good RV hooksup with water & electric & two horse pen come with each site. Miles & miles of trails. We barely scratched the possible trails. The scenery is wonderful. Most trails are of medium diffculty, but there are trails for those who like something a little steep, what a view!! I recommend shoes for this place. They have a lodge where they serve a wonderful breakfest. We brought our dinner up one night and ate in the lodge next to the fire. The owners are very nice and made every effort to take care of us. They have horses to rent if you want to try a gaited horse. They seem like really good horses, and well taken care of. There were lots of people in camp, but we never saw any of them on the trail. But we did see a big white tail buck with a huge rack. I'm sure we'll be going back soon to hit all the trails we had to pass up.

-Betty

Edited by bjhouten 2006-10-24 12:44 PM
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
jdzaharia
Reg. Apr 2006
Posted 2006-10-17 10:14 AM (#50219 - in reply to #50183)
Subject: RE: Bar Fifty Ranch, Bismarck, AK

Extreme Veteran

Oh geez, I was going to ask you how you trailered your horses all the way to Alaska from Texas. Arkansas is a little more doable.
Texas Butch
Reg. Oct 2003
Posted 2006-10-17 12:56 PM (#50227 - in reply to #50183)
Subject: RE: Bar Fifty Ranch, Bismarck, AK

Veteran

Betty - Glad you had a great time there.  Bar 50 has been my favorite place to go for several years. Started going there in April, 2002 and been going 2-3 times a year since then.  There was no map and no trail markings when we first started going - been lost a couple of times.  Much better now with the map, trail markings, and a GPS.  It just seems to get better every time we go.    We were there the end of September and are going back the first week of November.  Leaves should be turning by then so it should be really pretty.  You should try one of their week long rides they have 3 times a year.  The trails are closed for 4 weeks beginning Nov. 11 for hunters.

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)