'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
12' living quarter parts needed

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2005-11-08 10:42 AM
3 replies, 3162 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

triangle4horses
Reg. Oct 2005
Posted 2005-11-03 2:00 PM (#32644)
Subject: 12' living quarter parts needed

New User

We have just purchased an Integrity w/ 12' shell.  We are going to install the living quarters ourselves with the help of some friends & relatives that are a bit more handy than us.  (brother is electrician, cousin is carpenter, etc.)  Our question is what size, etc. of water heater and water pump will we need for our trailer.  We will have a shower and sink that will be using the water...that's it.  Also, what size of storage tank do you recommend?  I'm not sure about the power source either.  Our trailer has an electric jack with the battery box.  The trailer dealer says that the battery charges while the trailer is hooked up.  We will also have a generator for power.  What kind of power converters, etc. will we need?  We will have a fridge & microwave for appliances and other than that, just the A/C-heat, tv/vcr/cd/radio and lights.  All of the light fixtures that I have gotten so far are 12v lights.  Any suggestions?  All help is appreciated! 
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
roadranger
Reg. Oct 2005
Posted 2005-11-03 4:46 PM (#32660 - in reply to #32644)
Subject: RE: 12' living quarter parts needed

You can find a lot of appliances at campingworld.com

Here would be my suggestions;
Water Pump; Sureflow demand type
Water Heater; Suburban DSI type (auto start) with electric (to save propane when you are plugged in)
Power Converters/Battery Charger; something around 45 amps capacity with a "smart charge" 3 stage battery charger
Toilet: Thetford foot flush
Tank capacities; for 4-5 days out, 44 gal fresh, 40 gal grey, and 20 gal black,
smaller or bigger depending on what you're comfortable with.

With a single A/C unit, you'll need a 30 amp service box and cord/plug
Two A/C units you'll need 50 amp service box/cord/plug

I'd install a second battery. Even though the tow vehicle will send some charge back to the trailer, the majority of battery charging will come from the 3 stage converter/charger from either the genset or being plugged in.

You can use 110v LCD TV's, DVD's and VCR's on an inverter (12v DC to 110V) to run off your batteries, instead of running the genset.

Hope some of this helps...

Edited by roadranger 2005-11-03 4:50 PM
martyg
Reg. Nov 2003
Posted 2005-11-04 6:40 AM (#32674 - in reply to #32660)

Veteran

Check out phrannie.org for a lot of good RV type information from people who "boondock".(camp for extended periods without hookups)..good practical information.
HWBar
Reg. Nov 2005
Posted 2005-11-08 10:42 AM (#32809 - in reply to #32644)

Expert

Lots of fun starting a new trailer Check out RV Surplus in Elkhart, In. They have a great website I have used them for supplies. You'll need a converter 35-45 amp. that will also house all the elcetric that you need for a/c eat.. I have holding tanks made out of 3/16 aluminum, Local welder should be able to make them for you about $250 ea. They will fit your area and be tough enough for under a horse trailer. RV surplus will also have the tanks but they will be a minimum of  15" wide so make sure you can use those. Good -Luck and I'm sure others will chime in with more info.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)