'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Camping & trail riding at High Knob in the Shawnee forest

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2015-02-08 6:20 AM
6 replies, 6394 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Camp & Trail  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

murphy5563
Reg. Apr 2011
Posted 2011-04-25 7:18 PM (#133514)
Subject: Camping & trail riding at High Knob in the Shawnee forest

New User

(almost hate to post this because when you all see High Knob, meet JoJo and her family it will be hard to get a camp site).  It is under new ownership and they are GREAT!! The rates are out of this world reasonable not only for you, but for your horse.  Nice big NEW stalls, plenty of parking, New cabins which all you furnish is bed clothes and your food. Permanant camp sites if you love it as much as I did. (yes, even someone to back you in, if your like me and can't back worth a hoot) Trails are great to hike or ride (make sure horse has shoes though) with plenty of gorgeous sights.  Everyone is so friendly and come from all around even met a man from New Jersey. To the locals who are ready lend a hand or tell a story  about they area your visiting. I can't thank them enough for the great wk we all had there.  Even if you just come out for the day and hike or ride make it a definate stop on your map!
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
ClaudiaIN
Reg. Feb 2009
Posted 2011-04-26 8:21 AM (#133545 - in reply to #133514)
Subject: RE: Camping & trail riding at High Knob in the Shawnee forest

Veteran

Thanks for the review!!  Any pictures??
wicky
Reg. Nov 2014
Posted 2014-11-13 12:56 AM (#161541 - in reply to #133514)

New User

To the locals who are ready lend a hand or tell a story about they area your visiting. I can't thank them enough for the great wk we all had there. Even if you just come out for the day and hike or ride make it a definate stop on your map!
Shari
Reg. Jan 2005
Posted 2014-11-15 8:44 AM (#161578 - in reply to #133514)

Veteran

Are FAVORITE place to camp and ride in the Shawnee. My husband keeps telling me to stop telling everyone about it. But we're close enough we go through the week and during the off season. We're Blessed we're only 21/2 -3 hrs. away. Happy Trails....
berry
Reg. Jan 2015
Posted 2015-01-26 10:20 PM (#162383 - in reply to #133514)

New User

this is very nice post
Remington77
Reg. Nov 2011
Posted 2015-02-05 11:21 AM (#162472 - in reply to #133514)

Regular

We agree that High Knob Campground is hard to beat. We camped there 3 days in fall of 2014. We had read reviews and were a little apprehensive. We were treated great by JoJo, her husband and the men that worked at the campgrounds. This is a large campground with a diverse bunch of people. Following the rules is really necessary for the safety and respect of other campers. This is often were the problem is. Some campers refuse to follow the rules and when confronted, they get mad. It is a nice place, the other campers were extremely friendly and the riding is some of the best we have had anywhere, right out of camp. We can't wait to go back this spring.
Shari
Reg. Jan 2005
Posted 2015-02-08 6:20 AM (#162494 - in reply to #162472)

Veteran

Remington hit the nail on the head, follow the rules... If you read a bad review it's probably from some one who didn't follow the rules. JMO
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)