'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Buddy saddles for dogs

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2015-03-09 8:31 AM
5 replies, 14627 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Camp & Trail  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

illini
Reg. Mar 2009
Posted 2012-03-16 4:38 PM (#142189)
Subject: Buddy saddles for dogs

Veteran

Just wondering if anyone has ever used a buddy saddle(?) for their small dog when they went on long rides? If so where did you find one to buy? I am pretty sure I saw one advertised somewhere on the internet,now I am unable to find it.  Thanks

How did it work out did your dog like it?

share Top of the page Bottom of the page
horsin around
Reg. Jun 2005
Posted 2012-03-16 5:34 PM (#142190 - in reply to #142189)
Subject: RE: Buddy saddles for dogs

Extreme Veteran

I talked with someone once that had a little dog in a bag off the side of their horse and we didn't know they  had a dog with them until we stopped to tie up.  Her one comment was that the dog yelped when it got jammed between the horse and a tree which I thought was a good way to injury your dog.

flyinghfarm
Reg. Mar 2004
Posted 2012-03-18 9:39 AM (#142236 - in reply to #142189)

Expert

I have seen that done.  I was on a ride and a nice lady had the buddy saddle set up for her small dog.  He was also secured by a shorter tie.  The only problem was he had fallen out of his seat and was hanging by his collar for a good bit until I got up to her to tell her her dog was hanging.  He did live.  With the noise of her saddle and her visiting with the folks ahead of her, she somehow did not notice his predicament.

neshbaugh
Reg. May 2012
Posted 2012-05-13 2:14 PM (#143917 - in reply to #142189)

New User

Saw this advertised in trail rider magazine.  www.saddlepup.com

poco543
Reg. Dec 2013
Posted 2015-02-17 10:29 AM (#162610 - in reply to #142189)

I have finally patented my "little dog saddle buddy" My dogs have ridden hundreds of trail rides in them. I have had 4 different horses and 2 different dogs. The dog will try to jump up and down the horse's leg because she can not wait to get on! I have to tie her up while we are saddling. She has been on a horse riding all day long and lets me know when she has to get down and pee. Besides if someone did not want to take a pet packing lunch etc. or small cooler works great too. You can also carry your saddle bags. I have been through three set of saddle bags and they rip out where they tie on especially when packed with refreshments, food and ice! This does not flap up and down when you canter either! look it up on face book!! I am selling them cheap considering the price of the materials!! $85.00 with free shipping anywhere in the United States!
calamityj
Reg. Jun 2005
Posted 2015-03-09 8:31 AM (#162810 - in reply to #142189)

Elite Veteran

We don't take our dogs with us unless alone and remote. I think when in wildlife areas (Bears, cats, etc...) you may invite trouble with a small pet onboard. Some riders won't mind, but others will get downright indignent.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)