'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
campiing near Pigeon Forge Tenn

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2015-09-12 8:02 AM
3 replies, 4668 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Camp & Trail  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

ghbb41
Reg. Jul 2007
Posted 2015-08-18 5:01 AM (#164477)
Subject: campiing near Pigeon Forge Tenn

Veteran

We are going to Pigeon Forge-Gatlinburg, Tenn in October. My husband is fishing lake douglas with his fishing buddies and I want to camp at the nearest Horse camp with the kids. We would even rent a cabin if we could find one probably that is rented out by the horse camp ground. does anyone have any suggestions? I do not want to do primitive camping with little ones, our trailer has living quarters. I hope to not be more than 30 minutes away from Lake Douglas. If it gets too combersome to do this, the kids, horses and I will just stay home.
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
onemileatatime
Reg. Apr 2009
Posted 2015-08-24 5:14 AM (#164527 - in reply to #164477)
Subject: RE: campiing near Pigeon Forge Tenn

Regular

There is a nice campground very reasonable 45 minutes from Pigeon Forge in Bryson City NC called Deep Creek Horse Camp. Easy access to trails, he will even feed your horses if you are going to be gone a long time in Gaitlinburg or Pigeon Forge. Stalls have water piped to each stall. Hope this helps.
Summerset93
Reg. Aug 2010
Posted 2015-08-30 4:25 PM (#164575 - in reply to #164477)

You might check out Meadow Creek Mountain Ranch, phone 423-623-7543. They are located outside of Newport, TN which is at the head of Douglas Lake. Depending on which part of the lake your husband is planning to fish, this could either be really close or not close at all (it's a long lake). It's been a couple of years since I have been there, but they offer a decent barn with nice stalls and backs up to the Cherokee National Forest. At one time they had a restaurant on premises, but I think that burned down a while back and I don't know if they ever rebuilt. I think they also offer a "bunkhouse" type lodge and also cabin rentals (at least they used to).
joskt0204
Reg. Aug 2012
Posted 2015-09-12 8:02 AM (#164682 - in reply to #164477)

Regular

Orchard Cove in Townsend is lovely.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'