'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
St George UT

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2015-09-07 8:31 PM
1 replies, 4044 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Camp & Trail  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

HOUSE
Reg. Oct 2008
Posted 2015-08-25 7:09 AM (#164528)
Subject: St George UT

Veteran

Has anyone stopped at the scale going into Utah on 15 recently. It is posted all livestock must stop but I have run by it a couple times in the past, but I am concerned that my new truck might attract more attention, just curious what others have experinced.
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Painted Horse
Reg. May 2005
Posted 2015-09-07 8:31 PM (#164633 - in reply to #164528)
Subject: RE: St George UT

Expert

The scale operators are more concerned about collecting fees from the semi truck drivers. They always seem to act like I'm wasting their time when I come in and show them my health papers.

But the State Brand inspectors are very interested in you stopping and showing your papers, IF they are present. Utah has really stepped up their vigilance of checking health papers this summer because of the out breaks of VS in Arizona, NM and Colorado. The outbreak will calm down now with cooler weather and maybe so will the Brand Inspectors.

It's several hundred dollar fine if they chase you down and cite you for not stopping, even if you have the health papers. No papers and your horses will be held in quarantine and the fine for running the Port. I don't think your model of truck will have much to do with this. Just if the brand inspector decides to work that port on the day you decide to travel.
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)