'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Ice under floor

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2016-12-13 9:03 AM
2 replies, 3712 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

ckkoch09
Reg. Dec 1899
Posted 2016-12-09 6:03 PM (#168958)
Subject: Ice under floor

Hi all, I went into my living quarters today to start my generator for its monthly run. I noticed walking on the floor it sounds like ice crushing as I walk. I have never had a leak (that I know of) and mabe it's not what I think it is. I look under the trailer and all I see is aluminum planking, is it possible that it has some condinsation between it and the floor?? Could it be the planks moving some?? I don't see any evidence of water leaking in anywhere and the trailer seems to be in good shape. It has been below freezing now for 3-4 days, I have never heard anything like that in anything I have ever owned. I washed out the back of the trailer in November for the winter, is it possible that some of the water worked its way up to the front on top of the planking?/Any thoughts?????

Thanks,
Chris
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
retento
Reg. Aug 2004
Posted 2016-12-13 3:19 AM (#168966 - in reply to #168958)
Subject: RE: Ice under floor

Expert

You may have had a slight plumbing leak for some time, it showed up when everything froze up...!!  You get everything winterized really good..?  What make is your trailer and how old is it?  Caulk on the roof may be leaking letting was run down inside walls then underneath the floor.  Water may be coming in around a window, door, roof vent, bathroom vent, etc.....  And, it may have come from your wash out.

ckkoch09
Reg. Dec 1899
Posted 2016-12-13 9:03 AM (#168971 - in reply to #168958)
Subject: RE: Ice under floor

I am starting to lean towards the wash out if anything, the trailer is a 2005 featherlight 8587. I taked with my trailer guy and he doesn't think water is in there. No plumbing is in there, plus I blew all the lines out with air. He thought since there was no evidence of water anywhere inside the trailer maybe the noise was coming from the aluminum planking in the very cold temps we are having. Thanks for the reply, once it warms up I am going to keep looking. 

Edited by ckkoch09 2016-12-13 9:04 AM
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)