'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Cowboy Hat Helmets

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2005-04-25 5:33 PM
4 replies, 4624 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Camp & Trail  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

robdnorm
Reg. Jan 2005
Posted 2005-04-18 9:50 AM (#23981)
Subject: Cowboy Hat Helmets

Extreme Veteran

I am looking for any information that anyone would have on finding a helmet that looks like a cowboy hat.  I am a 4-H agent in my county and require the kids in my group to wear helmets.  Of course, many think that they don't look "cool" and want to wear a cowboy hat.  I am not budging in my rules of wearing a helmet though.  I thought if I could find a helmet that looks like a cowboy hat then everyone would be happy.  I have seen some in magazines in the past, and can not locate them anymore.   Any help would be appreciated. 
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
rose
Reg. Feb 2004
Posted 2005-04-18 10:12 PM (#24001 - in reply to #23981)
Subject: RE: Cowboy Hat Helmets

I remember seeing those in State Line Tack several years ago but haven't seen any lately.  I use the new Tipperary helmet, and a 10 year old girl whose horse is here also has one.  Mine is green and hers is blue!  They are certified helmets and a little sleeker than some.  The Troxel Dakota All Trails is also nice with a western flair, leather band and small conchos.  It seems that the problem is that the kids see the adults not wearing helmets and so....  I wear one because I value what litle brain I have left!  Hope this helps.

robdnorm
Reg. Jan 2005
Posted 2005-04-19 11:26 PM (#24047 - in reply to #23981)

Extreme Veteran

Thanks for the lead. I checked them out and they are certainly more eye appealing than the ones we have which are bright white. It is sometimes a challenge finding a good common ground for everyone to agree on. I think the ones you are using are a good combination of style and protection for them. I'll double ck state line just in case. Once again, thanks for your help.
maccwall
Reg. May 2004
Posted 2005-04-20 11:21 AM (#24055 - in reply to #24047)

Extreme Veteran

I saw some the other day at Harbour Freight.

Safe Riding,
Todd
bearcat
Reg. Oct 2004
Posted 2005-04-25 5:33 PM (#24298 - in reply to #23981)

Even if all the kids have are the white helmets, they can make them "cool" by adding helmet covers on them.  Here's examples of them:

http://www.thornhillusa.com/helmetCovers.html

They come in anythink from tiger stripes to flames, zebra prints, tye dies, etc.  They can also be found to match the girls' slinkies for western riding.

If you have a handy mom or kid with sewing expertise, they are also fairly easy to make!  Might be a good 4H project altogether!

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)