'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Anyone live in Oklahoma or been there?

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2005-05-04 3:55 PM
4 replies, 3434 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Horse Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

irideaqh
Reg. Mar 2005
Posted 2005-04-29 12:27 PM (#24484)
Subject: Anyone live in Oklahoma or been there?

My husband is in the Air Force and we are considering transfering from Virginia to Tinker AFB near Oklahoma City.   If you live near there, or have visited there will you please give me your opinion of the area. 

We will also might need to find a place to board our three horses until we can find a place to purchase.  Any suggestions on boarding facilities would be appreciated also. 

Thanks.

Lisa

share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Texas Butch
Reg. Oct 2003
Posted 2005-04-29 3:37 PM (#24493 - in reply to #24484)
Subject: RE: Anyone live in Oklahoma or been there?

Veteran

I have done a little browsing on a web site name www.horsebuddies.com that is made up mostly of trailriders in Oklahoma.  Bet they can give you some helpful information.
ISHOM
Reg. Mar 2004
Posted 2005-04-29 7:38 PM (#24505 - in reply to #24484)

Regular

I just went to Shawnee, OK to pick up a new trailer and came down the turnpike from the North thru OK City. I stopped at Norman, OK to get fuel and my riding partner and I both agreed that we really liked that town.  What I was was really nice.  OK City is a nice place to visit but I wouldn't want to live there.  I went to the OK State Fair about 5 yrs ago and was not impressed with the town then.  What I saw was pretty run down and the State Fair grounds needed alot of updating.  If I didn't have heavy family connections in KS I'd move to OK in a heartbeat but I'd go south of OK City. 
heritage lane farm
Reg. Oct 2003
Posted 2005-04-30 5:43 AM (#24524 - in reply to #24484)

Regular

I vote for Oklahoma! Living my entire life 90 minutes from the D.C./Baltimore area, you can rest easy knowing the "beltway mentality" (I want it NOW!; eventhough I am blatantly WRONG, I will not admit it, and YOU must get me out of it; get out of my way, don't you know I am the only person that belongs on this road!; my child is perfect, and I will lie through my teeth to protect him/her when they have done wrong, etc., etc.,)   will not be a part of Oklahoma living. We picked up a trailer in Chickasha, and visited Oklahoma City (Cowboy museum). We just happened upon a fairground holding a regional or state fair (forgot which). We watched the ranch rodeo. Let me explain to you the opening ceremonies - They sang the National Anthem - EVERYONE - hats off, hand over hearts. Next they PRAYED, yes PRAYED, for the safety of the participants, AND for our boys in IRAQ. Next they played Lee Greenwood's tribute to America as a rider rode the arena with the U.S. flag. Next, they paid tribute to an OLDER gentleman who had a long association with the ranch rodeo. I had tears in my eyes - I was so overwhelmed that these acts still existed in public places in our nation. We don't see such displays of God, country,  patriotism, and respect for the elderly on the East Coast, particularly in my politically correct area - we are fighting to keep the words "under God" in the Pledge Allegiance at our schools! The material strappings of a place are not as important to me as the folks that live there.

GO FOR IT!

Brenda 

RbarL
Reg. Oct 2003
Posted 2005-05-04 3:55 PM (#24725 - in reply to #24484)

Regular

We live west of OKC but work in the city. I know someone else who is moving to the area for the Airbase. They are moving from San Diego and just bought some acreage in Choctaw. There are lots of horse properties in that area and the outlying areas. Norman is a great town. Lots of the people on Horsebuddies.com live in that area. Come see us on horsebuddies in the trail riding thread. We are kinda chatty most of the time but will answer all your questions.

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)