'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
transportation permits

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2005-07-26 1:13 PM
5 replies, 3435 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Camp & Trail  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

rollingrfarm
Reg. Jun 2005
Posted 2005-07-15 1:19 PM (#28120)
Subject: transportation permits

Regular

Hello:

I will be trailering horses to SD and MT this fall and found out many states have transportation permits and in MT they are good for 10 days and must accompany your health certificate.  To my surprise even my state (AR) has such a thing even though I don't know anyone who gets one.  This website list states that require these permits.  How does everyone handle this?  Are they not enforced?  Do I have to call every state I'm driving through and get a dangred permit?  What about brand inspections?  My state doesn't have them but alot do, and someone said I have to get inspected in the state I'm visiting.  What's the deal with all this paperwork? 

KR   

http://www.teampen.org/articles/stateregs.htm

share Top of the page Bottom of the page
PAWALKER
Reg. Jul 2005
Posted 2005-07-18 10:53 AM (#28189 - in reply to #28120)
Subject: RE: transportation permits

Regular

KR, are these transportation permits something new?

I moved my horses from PA to CA in Fall, 1998, then from CA to TN in Fall, 2003.  I was stopped at livestock stations and no one ever asked for a Transportation Permit.

All I needed to show were my current coggins and current health certs.  Maybe these are the "transportation permits" that are being referred to??

Might want to check with your local Ag Agent.  Ag Agents always know about stuff like that.

Judy

rollingrfarm
Reg. Jun 2005
Posted 2005-07-18 2:15 PM (#28198 - in reply to #28120)

Regular

Yes, they are new. They are in response to diseason outbreaks and have been instituted in the past 2 years.KR
tjnewman
Reg. Aug 2004
Posted 2005-07-19 8:03 AM (#28229 - in reply to #28120)

New User

My wife and I just went from NY State to Montana. The ONLY place we were stopped was in West Yellowstone, Mt.  We weren't in Montana for 10 minutes when we were stopped by an inspector. You should be aware that some states ie: Montana are very strict and WILL quarantine your horses. So, you should have in your possession exactly what they require.
classygirl98
Reg. Jan 2005
Posted 2005-07-20 5:47 PM (#28330 - in reply to #28120)

Veteran

KR, we just got back from Montanna, there is a place to call to get the permit number when you get your health certificate. the vet has to call. We stayed in MT two weeks and Montanna told our vet that as long we entered the state within 10 days of the date of the health certificate we would be fine. YOu can also ask for an extension for the permit, but they told us it was not necessary. There is web site you can check out on  horsetrip.com that will give you the details for each state. Debbie

rollingrfarm
Reg. Jun 2005
Posted 2005-07-26 1:13 PM (#28577 - in reply to #28120)

Regular

Thanks, you have all been helpful.  I just sold a horse to Montana and learned all about their strict permits.  Thanks again, KR.

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)