'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Used 2005 Exiss Sport 307 LQ

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2005-11-19 5:37 PM
4 replies, 3523 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

Mini Oaks
Reg. Nov 2005
Posted 2005-11-17 8:57 PM (#33198)
Subject: Used 2005 Exiss Sport 307 LQ

Considering buying a used 2005 Exiss Sport 307 LQ Trailer - anyone have any experience with this model? Good or bad trailer? Anything special to look for since this is a used trailer? What's a good price for this type trailer which appears to be in excellent condition?

Thanks

share Top of the page Bottom of the page
MIfarmbabe
Reg. Oct 2003
Posted 2005-11-18 7:46 AM (#33204 - in reply to #33198)
Subject: RE: Used 2005 Exiss Sport 307 LQ

Extreme Veteran

The Sport model is Exiss's more affordable, price appealing trailer that is obviously lower in quality than their Event model. I looked at them when I was shopping for an Exiss and was not too impressed. I also had a dealer tell me he would  not push a sale on one to me. The aluminum seems thinner and just some things that Exiss cut corners on compared to the Event. It is narrower in the horse area than the Event too, 6'8" vs. 7'. Their living quarters seem nice but the overall trailer and the horse area did not suit my likings. I bought an Event model and have been very happy with it.
Horse Crazy
Reg. Jun 2005
Posted 2005-11-18 9:12 AM (#33209 - in reply to #33198)

Regular

Hello,
My husband and I looked at some of the Exiss trailers also. Check out the drop down windows. I had a dealer tell me one time if you can hold the bars and twist them any at all you can bet the whole trailer is made cheaper. I believe that's the case with the Exiss Sport Model. Not a tuff built trailer at all. I had another dealer tell me one time, it really depends on how many miles you plan on traveling within a year maybe. The Event Model won't hold up as well as others if your traveling say 12000 miles in a year. Give or take a couple thousand I guess. If you really do a lot of research it's a bit frustrating unless your finances permit you to buy whatever trailer you want.
qhgirl
Reg. Nov 2004
Posted 2005-11-18 2:15 PM (#33219 - in reply to #33198)

Veteran

I agree with the above posts.  I have heard the same thing about the flexing of the windows and you can tell a HUGE difference.  I have done that test on a number of trailers.  Had one window frame slide around sloppy... that was a negative on that trailer for me! 

I am not impressed with the sport model, but if you want a cheaper trailer and only haul a few places back and forth and it works perfect for you... go for it.  If you are more hard core, then I might look into another one.

paintthatain't
Reg. May 2005
Posted 2005-11-19 5:37 PM (#33262 - in reply to #33198)

Regular

Even if you're looking for a inexpensive LQ trailer I think you should consider a slighty older/better quality trailer. I have a '93 Sooner that is way more sound than by buddies '04 Exiss sport....

Take it for what it's worth..............

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)