'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Siloam Springs

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2006-01-16 4:21 PM
3 replies, 3177 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Camp & Trail  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

klthechiro
Reg. Oct 2005
Posted 2005-12-15 5:11 PM (#34121)
Subject: Siloam Springs

Regular

Has anyone been to Silam Springs in Illinois?  It was recommended and I thought I would check it out.
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
appy4me
Reg. Jul 2005
Posted 2005-12-20 2:53 PM (#34241 - in reply to #34121)
Subject: RE: Siloam Springs

Veteran

Oh yes! It's great! The trails are marked well, and the campsites are nice with electricity and are also clean. We haven't been there for 2-3 years, but it ranks as one of my favorite places to go! The locals there have made some outlaw trails that are marked really neat with their homemade signs. They have one trail called the oatmeal trail. It's named after the creator, as he looks like Willford Brimley (the Quaker oatmeal guy). We met really nice people there, and loved every minute of the riding too.
crazyhorseranch
Reg. Jan 2006
Posted 2006-01-14 12:04 PM (#35462 - in reply to #34241)

New User

They are correct it is a very nice place to ride, the outlaw trails are just AWSOME and if you time the right weekend, you can find Papa, one of the older guys that can take you on some super trails. The only draw back to this place is that there are only 8 electrical sites, there are tie rails for almost every area. There are not really any assigned sites after the 8 electric sites. You just pull in and park wherever you need to. I have met alot of wonderful folks there and it is a good time. Another good place which is just about 30 miles north east is Weinberg State Park; it is a much nicer camping area and is a wonderful place to ride. If I had to choose I would pick Weinberg long before I picked Siloam Springs.
appy4me
Reg. Jul 2005
Posted 2006-01-16 4:21 PM (#35553 - in reply to #34121)

Veteran

Thanks for the tip on Weinberg.  I haven't tried that one, but maybe will have to this year.  I guess since your in Quincy, you definitely have hit those trails!!  Thanks again!

Have you tried Shimmek (spell) in Iowa?  It has great trails, and pretty nice sites too.  Just no electricity

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)