'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
looking for exterior shelf w/bracket for cooking

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2005-12-31 11:19 AM
4 replies, 4321 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

gemm
Reg. Feb 2005
Posted 2005-12-30 6:31 PM (#34579)
Subject: looking for exterior shelf w/bracket for cooking

Extreme Veteran

On one of my camping trips this past summer I saw a trailer (can't remember which brand!) that had a small slide-in bracket on the exterior of the trailer that the owner could put a shelf (small table) onto. She had an outlet there too. When traveling, or if her horse was tied there, she put the shelf away. When she cooked, she attached the shelf. It looked simple and really ideal for my purposes, but I can't seem to find it available anywhere. Anyone know about these and where I might find them? Thanx in advance!
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Turfa
Reg. Mar 2004
Posted 2005-12-30 8:42 PM (#34587 - in reply to #34579)
Subject: RE: looking for exterior shelf w/bracket for cooking

Veteran

I have seen table brackets mounted to the outside of campers.  Check out http://www.go-rv.com/coast/do/catalog/page?pagePrev=TRUE&dealerId=1338&pageNum=213

Bracket number is 40354.  You will also need a brace for the outer edge of the table.  Good Luck

Turfa

Painted Horse
Reg. May 2005
Posted 2005-12-30 10:33 PM (#34598 - in reply to #34579)

Expert

My trailer came with a similar product. It was called the RVQ See http://myrvq.com/

It's basically a small BBQ that attaches to the side of the trailer. It's a small channel on the side of the trailer that the bracket slides into. On mine under the awning by the door. My trailer was plumbed for gas to that location and has a quick connect coupler.

The product is OK. I wish it had a little more power. It's basically a small BBQ that will cook a burger or a hot dog. It has no provision to handle pots & pans. If I remember right it is only 12,000 btu. Which is spread over the entire grill area. It doesn't concentrate the heat under a pot. So it is hard to heat up a pan with some chili or stew in it. Or to cook some eggs or bacon. In comparison my Camp Chef camp stove puts 30,000 btu out of each burner ( or each pot) When I ordered it I was really hoping to use it as my stove. 

I use the bracket on the side of the trailer and just set my Coleman stove on the bracket when I want to cook something in a pan vs a BBQ. Which has me packing both the RVQ and a Coleman stove.  The RVQ setup is handy. Keeps all the cooking mess/smoke outside the trailer. But it's one more thing I have to put away prior to driving away.

Edited by Painted Horse 2005-12-30 10:38 PM
gemm
Reg. Feb 2005
Posted 2005-12-31 1:13 AM (#34607 - in reply to #34579)

Extreme Veteran

Painted Horse - It mounted like the RVQ but it was just a shelf. Thanks for the input on the RVQ. I've wondered about those. They seem like a good idea except for the smoke being right next to the trailer. The reason I'm interested in a shelf is because I don't currently have cooking facilities in my trailer...In other words, I sleep with all my tack and feed! No way am I cooking in there too! I keep the gooseneck area free of tack stuff and pretend it's my bedroom. Keeps me young, all that pretending.
Painted Horse
Reg. May 2005
Posted 2005-12-31 11:19 AM (#34622 - in reply to #34579)

Expert

I'm not a whole lot different. My last trailer I used the dressing room as my camp. The dressing room was for my sleeping bags and storage. I used to haul a Camp Chef stove with me and set it up by the wheels. Fender makes a good shelf for Salt & Pepper etc.

When I bought my new trailer, I got a weekend package in it. Basically some real bunks and a bathroom for all my daughters. It has no cooking space inside.  So I got the RVQ hoping it would serve as my cooktop.

What I have actually used more.  Was I bought a $40 microwave and it came with a free small George Foreman grill. I bought a generator for the trailer and I've used the Microwave and George Foreman more than the RVQ. A can of soup, chili or stew goes in the Microwave. Danish, cinimon roll and hot chocolate for breakfast. For dinner I cook a chicken breast, pork chop or salmon portion in the George Foreman grill, add some veggies heated in the Microwave and a salad and I'm good.

It just means I need to turn on the generator, which I probably would do anyway to heat hot water and recharge the battery for a few minutes. Or in the summer to run the A/C to cool off the trailer.

Edited by Painted Horse 2005-12-31 11:30 AM
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)