'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Cleaning trailer

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2006-01-09 1:45 PM
1 replies, 2531 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

hidden
Reg. Jun 2005
Posted 2006-01-09 11:59 AM (#35177)
Subject: Cleaning trailer

Question about cleaning your trailer.  I'm trying to get out at least once a month, perhaps more as the season opens.  I have rubber mats, and bed with shavings, then when we return I clean out the poop etc, add new shavings and generally sweep it out.  However, I know you are supposed to pull up the mats and clean under there as well.  Can I get away with doing that once or twice a year?  If I try to do that every time we go out I will be spending more time cleaning/loading/unloading the trailer than riding the horse.  Not to mention the physical abuse my muscles would take.  I guess I have made my mind up, but want some confirmation from you all.  It is a steel base and alum top, 2 horse, bumper pull, straight load.  Thanks for your input.
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
terri s
Reg. Sep 2005
Posted 2006-01-09 1:45 PM (#35184 - in reply to #35177)
Subject: RE: Cleaning trailer

Elite Veteran

What is your floor made of? How much leakage to the floor do you notice when you pull mats? My mats weigh less than 28 pounds and take only a few minutes to take out and put back, a convenience that I treated myself to this year because, like you, I felt I spent more time cleaning the trailer than riding the horses. If you have good drainage you might be able to get by with a couple of times a year but you'd have to check underneath to be sure you weren't getting any rot or pooling of urine.
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)