'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Equifoam flooring - anyone using it

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2006-01-12 10:17 AM
4 replies, 4549 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

carider
Reg. Feb 2005
Posted 2006-01-09 9:22 PM (#35223)
Subject: Equifoam flooring - anyone using it

New User

I've been researching this on the internet http://www.propanel.com/equifoam/equifoam.htm, and was wondering if it really makes a big difference? Are you placing it on top of existing mats or under them? I would love to reduce the stress to my horses when trailering and air ride is out of my budget.
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
walkin
Reg. Jan 2005
Posted 2006-01-10 5:50 AM (#35229 - in reply to #35223)
Subject: RE: Equifoam flooring - anyone using it

Elite Veteran

I thoink they had this out at congress in a cherokee?  How would you clean it?
terri s
Reg. Sep 2005
Posted 2006-01-10 8:31 AM (#35231 - in reply to #35223)

Elite Veteran

I have it and I love it! You do not need any matting underneath it. Each plank is close to 3 inches thick and extremely light weight. I shovel the worst of the poop off then just pop out the mats and hose them down. I have virtually no leakage to the floor underneath and it takes no time at all to take them out and put them back. I use four planks in a 2H GN slant load trailer. Easy installation/cut to fit also.

I have a mare who likes to paw while riding and while it was not a miracle cure, it has helped her settle down in the trailer. She'll start to paw, get this puzzled look on her face and set her foot down like she is trying to figure out why this doesn't work like it did before. It has been great for me.

bd1
Reg. Dec 2005
Posted 2006-01-10 10:18 AM (#35238 - in reply to #35223)

carider, normal installation of equifoam is underneath traditional rubber mats...provides for a "cushiony" ride and probably a comfortable ride for your horse. however, urine will tend to break equifoam down over a period of time...also there will be a "worn" spot over time where your horse usually stands. a good option for your trailer but will wear out lots quicker than the rubber mats.

P.S. the "period" of time will differ depending on how much you use your trailer

Reg
Reg. Oct 2003
Posted 2006-01-12 10:17 AM (#35375 - in reply to #35223)

Expert

Originally written by carider on 2006-01-09 9:22 PM

I've been researching this on the internet http://www.propanel.com/equifoam/equifoam.htm, and was wondering if it really makes a big difference? Are you placing it on top of existing mats or under them? I would love to reduce the stress to my horses when trailering and air ride is out of my budget.

Not an answer to the question you asked, but regarding air ride co$t:
I did the arithmetic for RHINO (and similar) spray in, it is in other topics, but comes to this:
8ft x 25ft x $5 = ~$1,000

IF you could cobble the parts together and do the work yourself (BIG IF) you MIGHT find air ride to be not a whole lot more expensive.

I've been under my air ride 4-Star trailer a couple of times recently to "improve" the air ride system (adding a more convenient drain to the air storage tank) and "It ain't that complicated".
I think you could do it with Firestone "air bags".

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2024 PD9 Software