'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
looking for info about adams trailers

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2006-01-16 9:49 AM
7 replies, 3072 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

jjmr93
Reg. Jan 2006
Posted 2006-01-11 9:47 PM (#35359)
Subject: looking for info about adams trailers

New User

I am thinking about buying a all alum adams goosneck trailer with L/Q. Would this be a good trailer to buy.

Mike

share Top of the page Bottom of the page
MichaelD
Reg. Apr 2004
Posted 2006-01-12 6:32 AM (#35365 - in reply to #35359)
Subject: RE: looking for info about adams trailers

Regular

Mike,

I own an Adam all aluminum LQ 4h.Right now it is on a dealers lot being sold so I can get an Adam 3h with LQ.I personally think the Adam trailer is a quality product solid construction, all the welds are excellent, tows nice.Good luck in your search.

Mike

hidden
Reg. Jun 2005
Posted 2006-01-12 8:17 AM (#35372 - in reply to #35359)

I have an Adam 2h bumper pull,straight load, w/dressing room.  Just bought it in October.  So far I like it alot.  It had everything I was looking for.  However, there was an issue right after I bought it because I put a weight distribution hitch on it.  The tongue was not long enough and the hitch folk got into welding and custom work to make it fit one (cost $$$ for that stuff).  So be aware that some things may not be straightforward.  My horse seems to like it and I do as well.  Will let you know after I have had it a year - then I expect to really know my opinion.  :)
dreamrider
Reg. Jan 2006
Posted 2006-01-12 8:35 AM (#35373 - in reply to #35359)

I spent about two years researching trailers and crawling under them. I also read this forum religiously! Great info....I bought an Adam. I have a 4 H LQ 8ft. shortwall and tow with F250 4x4 diesel with beefed up springs. It tows easier loaded than empty but hauls great. I felt the welds and solid structure under the trailer and safety of my horses were primary importance.  I did not see places that my horse would get injured easily...I did not go with mangers either.Also, I liked the simplicity of the divider latches, large windows, I also wanted this to be my one and only major purchase of this kind...I think this will be it! Please do your research for what you are looking for...price was a factor as well....they met all my expectations and built the trailer the way I wanted it but with engineered integrity of the trailer left in tact! I purchased at an expo and received a discount.

I can haul my 66 mustang in the back if I take out the dividers....just use a wench and she just fits...that's why no mangers...my husband now thinks it's ok!

dreamrider

jjmr93
Reg. Jan 2006
Posted 2006-01-12 8:14 PM (#35404 - in reply to #35373)

New User

So far it sounds like adams makes a good trailer and has a good rep. Dreamrider did you buy your trailer in Coldwater. Mike
MichaelD
Reg. Apr 2004
Posted 2006-01-13 6:47 AM (#35418 - in reply to #35359)

Regular

jjmr93,

Hayletts in Coldwater is the only Adam dealer in Michigan.That is who we bought our trailer from and that is where it is for sale now.Hoping to sell the 4h and get a 3h.

Mike

bits
Reg. Jun 2005
Posted 2006-01-13 8:52 AM (#35427 - in reply to #35359)

We have a 2001 Adam 4h w/8ft shortwall and love it. It is made so well as compared to other brands I looked at and believe me I looked at alot. My horse that wouldn't load before without alot of persuasion now just put the lead over his neck and send him. I have pulled it into the mountains(small twisting roads)and it has done a great job.By far I think it is one of the better made trailers on the market today for the money.IMHO. Good luck and take your time hopefully you won't have to make this decision again for a long time.
dreamrider
Reg. Jan 2006
Posted 2006-01-16 9:49 AM (#35525 - in reply to #35404)

Yes, I did buy from Haylett's. I love my trailer. They did everything to make me happy.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)