'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
power inverter

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2006-01-13 4:46 PM
1 replies, 2574 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

rkranchgirl
Reg. Aug 2005
Posted 2006-01-13 2:55 PM (#35444)
Subject: power inverter

Regular

Hello all,

I am working on finishing my living quarters and I have a question about power inverters.  We are planning on running 110 inside the trailer and using a separate fuses for everything.  What I don't understand is that all of the inverters I have seen have two plug ins.  How do you hard wire these, of do you?  How does the inverter connect to the fuse box?  Any help is appreciated, and don't worry, I have experienced help when I do it, but I am trying to get the plan down in my head before I do the real thing!

Thanks!

Edited by rkranchgirl 2006-01-13 2:59 PM
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
martyg
Reg. Nov 2003
Posted 2006-01-13 4:46 PM (#35446 - in reply to #35444)
Subject: RE: power inverter

Veteran

The inexpensive inverters you are looking at usually have direct outlets. If you want to use one of these, simple buy a replacement 15 amp plug at your hardware store and some 3 conducter 12awg stranded (heavy) extension cord wiring to reach from your inverter to your fuse box. To ensure you never accidently have your inverter feeding your fuse box and plug in your trailer to a 110vac feed, you should wire both through a switch. A manual switch would be available at any electrical supply store.

If you look at the more expensive inverters from statpower or heart, like a 2500 watt or larger, these usually have terminal lugs to directly connect wiring into a fuse box.
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)