'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Another LQ question

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2006-02-07 9:01 PM
7 replies, 3752 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

ridepayson
Reg. Jan 2006
Posted 2006-01-29 6:35 PM (#36179)
Subject: Another LQ question

I have a Trails West 3H mid tack, with unfinished LQ. Thinking of making mid tack into bathroom,build a holding tank under a false floor for clearance reasons, and building a rear tack. Has anyone ever done this? Also, my vent is mounted off center due to the crown in the roof and the center support rib, I am planning to use that cut out to put my A/C unit, but unsure if the A/C needs to sit level, or if it will operate fine at a slight angle. Any and all ideas are welcome --- Thanks,

Travis
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
hosspuller
Reg. Oct 2003
Posted 2006-01-29 9:02 PM (#36184 - in reply to #36179)
Subject: RE: Another LQ question

Expert

Originally written by ridepayson on 2006-01-29 5:35 PM

Also, my vent is mounted off center due to the crown in the roof and the center support rib, I am planning to use that cut out to put my A/C unit, but unsure if the A/C needs to sit level, or if it will operate fine at a slight angle. Any and all ideas are welcome --- Thanks, Travis

Hello... Welcome to the forum..

I have a Carrier unit. Manual says it can be mounted +/- 10 degrees max side to side.  That's not much... especially if you're camping on rough ground.

Terri
Reg. Jan 2004
Posted 2006-01-29 11:32 PM (#36191 - in reply to #36179)

Expert

I built a rear tack to get the saddles out of the dressing room.  I used 2x4's and it turned out fine.    I just wish I didn't have a single rear door.  Double doors would work better.   I didn't think of building an indoor frame for the water tank.  I'll have to check on it when I get that far.  Have to fix a roof leak before I do anything else.
roan critter
Reg. Sep 2003
Posted 2006-01-30 8:29 PM (#36265 - in reply to #36179)

Expert of all Expert...

I had my Trails West 3H Side tack finished out with a small LQ last winter. I had an RV company do the conversion and they were able to fit a toilet/shower combo in the other 1/2 of what would have been a mid-tack. The floor of the toilet/shower is elevated and placed directly over the black holding tank. My clean water tank is under what was the boot box. I have NO tanks protruding underneath the trailer. I have a friend who converted her mid-tack into a 1/2 tack and did the same thing--that way she didn't lose the convenience of the side/mid tack, but gained the convenience of unused space converted into a bathroom.

ridepayson
Reg. Jan 2006
Posted 2006-02-01 6:52 PM (#36396 - in reply to #36179)

Thank you for the help so far, this site is a huge help. Is there a site anywhere that you can see different LQ layouts? Like CAD drawings or 3D? I have looked at countless pics of trailers,rv's and boats, but it is still difficult to get rolling on this project without knowing exactly where to put everything.... Lots of head scratching going on here--- Thanks to all again

Travis
terri s
Reg. Sep 2005
Posted 2006-02-02 8:46 AM (#36422 - in reply to #36179)

Elite Veteran

Many dealer sites allow you look at a floor plan of their LQs, believe Featherlite is one, Travalong another.
apepon1
Reg. Feb 2006
Posted 2006-02-07 12:47 PM (#36676 - in reply to #36396)

New User

Travis - my husband and I are getting ready to do our own LQ too.  I pulled floor plans from the different manufacturers' websites.  Also copied the drawings, whited out the interior walls, and made more copies to draw in what we thought we wanted and where.  Sundowner has some good layouts.

Good luck!

Turfa
Reg. Mar 2004
Posted 2006-02-07 9:01 PM (#36693 - in reply to #36179)

Veteran

I did my plan and then built the cabinets out of cardboard boxes and tape.  Easy to change and adjust to fit.  I found out that I had to raise the cabinets to keep from hitting my head.  Not much time invested and I learned a lot.  Check it out  http://home.earthlink.net/~dheismann/

Turfa

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)