'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
DIY LQ with factory insulation / walls

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2006-02-07 11:07 PM
3 replies, 2559 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

Valley
Reg. Apr 2004
Posted 2006-02-05 4:30 AM (#36571)
Subject: DIY LQ with factory insulation / walls

New User

I recently ordered a new trailer with LQ shell. I've been reading all the DIY info. while waiting for my trailer to arrive. It came in yesterday and the LQ are insulated from floor to the curve of the roof and it has the thin sheet of metal on top for the walls. It looks good but I had planned on doing what most others did by insulating between the beams then taping the seams then using the furring strips. What should I do now? I hate to start ripping things out of a new trailer but I also want to do the LQ right so I don't have problems in the future. I hope this all makes sense. Any advice would be appreciated.   Thanks.

share Top of the page Bottom of the page
maccwall
Reg. May 2004
Posted 2006-02-07 1:59 PM (#36678 - in reply to #36571)
Subject: RE: DIY LQ with factory insulation / walls

Extreme Veteran

Hi Valley and welcome to the forum.

My wife's friend has a Sundowner with sheet metal for the walls. She's seen the progress our trailer has made so has recruited her boyfriend to do the inside of hers. I told her to just take the sheet metal off of the walls and start insulating. If yours has insulation on it already, I'd just take the sheet metal off, insulate the roof and tape it up and your done with the insulation. Then you can start the furring strips. If it's like hers, the sheet metal was put up with self tappers and should not be a problem to take out. Hope this helps

Valley
Reg. Apr 2004
Posted 2006-02-07 9:51 PM (#36695 - in reply to #36678)

New User

Thanks for replying. I'm not sure how the sheet metal is put up but hopefully it will not be to hard to take off. If it is hard to take off could I just insulate on top of it and go from there?

I love your site. It's been my new web home the past few weeks.

krys
Reg. Oct 2003
Posted 2006-02-07 11:07 PM (#36698 - in reply to #36695)

Elite Veteran

My walls are the same as yours. I just insulted the roof and went from there. Cabinets, closets, bootbox and couch are going to cover most of the walls anyway. I figued that what was showing, I would put up wall paper. I wasn't going to mess with taking down the interior walls. When we camp and stuff, the insulated roof is fine.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)