'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Xpress trailers

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2006-02-08 6:43 PM
5 replies, 2794 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

lisaoken
Reg. Jan 2006
Posted 2006-02-08 3:06 PM (#36735)
Subject: Xpress trailers

New User

I am still looking for information on the Xpress trailer line. I know that they started in California, made by Keifer and are beginning to migrate into the central states. I have looked at them and on the surface they look fine. It is the structural stuff that bothers me. I have heard about Keifer's back door problem. and I wondered if that was resolved now. I just have to make sure that my horses will be as safe as possible while hauling.
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
MIfarmbabe
Reg. Oct 2003
Posted 2006-02-08 3:48 PM (#36740 - in reply to #36735)
Subject: RE: Xpress trailers

Extreme Veteran

If you are at all hesitant about this brand then keep looking at others. Especially if it is a structural issue that bothers you.
robdnorm
Reg. Jan 2005
Posted 2006-02-08 4:07 PM (#36741 - in reply to #36735)

Extreme Veteran

I had a friend that looked at one earlier this year.  I posted about this brand to try and find out more information about them as well for her.  You might want to check the archives to see if you can find that thread.  My biggest question is centered around who backs the product with regards to structural warranty.  Does Keifer? Does the company that puts the Xpress sticker on them?  A trailer is only as good as the company that backs them for warranty issues.  It seems that this might be difficult to track down a warranty claim on with as many different companies involved.
TRAILERMAN1957
Reg. Jan 2006
Posted 2006-02-08 4:27 PM (#36744 - in reply to #36735)

YES KEIFER DOES BUILD SOME TRAILERS FOR XPRESS BUT THEY ARE BUILT TO XPERSS SPECS

4 HINGES ON BACK DOOR 2"RUMBER FLOORING ON 12" CENTERS ON CROSSMEMBERS

I THINK THAT THEY ARE A REALLY WELL BUILT TRAILER AND HAVE BEEN PULLING ONE FOR OVER A YEAR

HAVE HAD NO PROBLEMS WITH THE TRAILER ITS SELF ONE SMALL PROBLEM WITH THE INTERIOR AND THAT WAS TAKEN CARE OF RIGHT AWAY

TRAILERMAN1957
Reg. Jan 2006
Posted 2006-02-08 4:32 PM (#36746 - in reply to #36741)

KEIFER WARRANTIES THE TRAILER AS THEY ARE THE MANUFACTUER OF THE TRAILER

XPRESS WARRANTIES THE INTERIOR AND I PURCHASED AN EXTENTED WARRANTY FOR 7 YEARS FOR $1400 THIS EVEN COVERED THE BEARNINGS AND BRAKES WHICH ARE NORMALLY WEAR ITEMS NOT COVERED

HIGHHORSE
Reg. Feb 2006
Posted 2006-02-08 6:43 PM (#36752 - in reply to #36735)

New User

Originally written by lisaoken on 2006-02-08 3:06 PM

I am still looking for information on the Xpress trailer line. I know that they started in California, made by Keifer and are beginning to migrate into the central states. I have looked at them and on the surface they look fine. It is the structural stuff that bothers me. I have heard about Keifer's back door problem. and I wondered if that was resolved now. I just have to make sure that my horses will be as safe as possible while hauling.[/QUOTE

The door problem was fixed 3 or 4 years ago. Now has all aluminum doors. Nice doors

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)