'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Do I need a riser plate?

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2006-02-09 6:04 PM
3 replies, 2696 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

Tadofa
Reg. Dec 2003
Posted 2006-02-09 6:13 AM (#36790)
Subject: Do I need a riser plate?

I am looking at a new LQ shell 2 horse trailer. It will be either a 17' box or 19' box 4-Star.  We will be adding a LQ package complete with water and will need tanks.  I am getting conflicting information and am hoping the experts here can clarify for me.  Do I need a riser plate on the axles for extra clearance of the waste tanks on a new 4-Star? Some say yes, some say there is no need; that the 4-Stars have enough room up underneath to comfortably accommodate the tanks without worry.  Any thoughts?
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
HWBar
Reg. Nov 2005
Posted 2006-02-09 6:21 AM (#36791 - in reply to #36790)
Subject: RE: Do I need a riser plate?

Expert

I am doing a 4 Star right now, but I have my tanks made to fit. 4 Stars are designed to be low, makes for a short step for the horses. The last 3 4 Stars I have done I did not raise them because I get the tanks made out of aluminum to fit between the I beams so they only drop down 2" below the I beams. If you are going to use pre-fab holding tanks, the shallowest(?) I been able to find are 7"-8" deep, that will drop them down 3"-4" below the beams, then I would raise the trailer.
Tadofa
Reg. Dec 2003
Posted 2006-02-09 5:14 PM (#36837 - in reply to #36790)

Thanks for your input on this and my other thread. :-) How complicated and expensive is it to have your tanks made for you? Where do you get them?  I am planning on having a conversion company put a package in for me, but assume they would probably use stock/standard tanks rather than have them custom made.
HWBar
Reg. Nov 2005
Posted 2006-02-09 6:04 PM (#36838 - in reply to #36790)

Expert

I have tanks made for all my trailers out of .125 aluminum and a local sheet metal shop makes them for me. I pay a little more for them but you can rub a rock with them and not tear them out. I do conversions and all trailers I do have the aluminum tanks.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)