'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
My Pet Peeve: SOLD ADS Can't you remove them?

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2006-02-10 7:43 PM
5 replies, 3326 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

mrstacticalmedic
Reg. Dec 2005
Posted 2006-02-10 9:09 AM (#36877)
Subject: My Pet Peeve: SOLD ADS Can't you remove them?

Extreme Veteran

If your trailer is sold why don't you remove the ad?  I get frustrated when I pull up a search and 75% of the ads are sold!  Is it that hard to remove them?  I think if you mark a trailer sold it should be removed within 24hrs.  This gives the owner time to relist if the sale goes sour.  Or maybe HTW could give the lister a grace period to relist the exact same ad if the sale doesn't go through.  Or maybe you could come up with a "sale pending"  instead of sold if the deal hasn't gone all the way through.  If it is a sale pending sometimes the trailer is just on hold and the deal can fall through.  I just get frustrated when the majority of ads are those sold already.  I don't want to sift through those.  Just venting a bit here! 
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
MIfarmbabe
Reg. Oct 2003
Posted 2006-02-10 9:36 AM (#36882 - in reply to #36877)
Subject: RE: My Pet Peeve: SOLD ADS Can't you remove them?

Extreme Veteran

This is no different than Equine.com or Dreamhorse.com, they keep all their sold ads on until the ad expires. Actually I don't mind the sold ads and when I was looking for a trailer last year, looking at the sold ads gave me ideas of what I wanted in a trailer and I could compare prices, options, LQ layouts, condition of the trailer, etc. Sometimes I would email the seller and ask what they actually got for their trailer. When I finally found the trailer(of my dreams) it was listed on here. Once I purchased it, the dealer added the "sold" part, sold to ME!

All I can say is thank goodness for the internet to find trailers. Just point, click, scroll and happy trailer shopping!

Edited by MIfarmbabe 2006-02-10 9:38 AM
qhgirl
Reg. Nov 2004
Posted 2006-02-10 9:39 AM (#36883 - in reply to #36877)

Veteran

But I like the fact on equine.com and tacktrader that you can check to NOT show sold trailers.  It makes it alot easier to weed through them, I agree 100%
krys
Reg. Oct 2003
Posted 2006-02-10 10:19 AM (#36892 - in reply to #36883)

Elite Veteran

Since there is no such thing as a horse trailer blue book, I think the sold ads are very helpful. When I was selling my trailer to get a new one, it would have been helpful to see what others were paying for a trailer like what I had. I only wish the sold ads were on there LONGER since I didn't have much to compare mine to. Then when I was trailer shopping, it helped me to see what the going price was for what I wanted.

A good thing would be to have the option of marking a box to "do not show sold trailers".

In reality, how many people actually go in and mark it sold? When searching ads for horses, trailers and other things, I can't count how many times when I called or emailed the person that I got the reply back that it was sold.

huntseat
Reg. Oct 2003
Posted 2006-02-10 11:11 AM (#36894 - in reply to #36877)

Expert

Ditto Krys, It gives you an idea what prices are for similar tiems.

Now, granted they may have sold the item for far less...it may help you price your trailer or start bargaining if your are buying.

You should have a box to check, all trailers, sold only, not sold only, etc.  (Like dreamhorse)

iCE CRM
Reg. Jan 2005
Posted 2006-02-10 7:43 PM (#36920 - in reply to #36894)

Extreme Veteran

I think they take the individual ads off as soon as you put sold on them but they keep they dealer ads on with sold so the dealers get advertising. About a month ago I was looking at 3 H bumper 4 Star  there were 9 ads 8 were sold. It has now been changed and only one sold one is on there. One thing I can say is it seems that Dave tries to keep things straight and when some one points something out he does his best to fix it.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)