'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
first time lq

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2006-02-11 11:41 AM
8 replies, 3243 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

Amos
Reg. Feb 2006
Posted 2006-02-11 12:37 AM (#36928)
Subject: first time lq

Hello Everyone!
I am new on the forum and have been looking at everyones post and you all are so very informative. I have a question however, I have just bought a used steel horse trailer and plan on making a weekender out of it. I was wondering what material to ask for when I go to lowes or home depot that you all have used for the ceiling. Not the insulation, but what you covered and finished the ceiling with? Thank you all in advance and I have enjoyed all of the forums. Oh, and I am not real great on a computer, so can someone tell me how to get these little emoticons on my post? Thanks again
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
ASJ
Reg. Mar 2005
Posted 2006-02-11 8:16 AM (#36934 - in reply to #36928)
Subject: RE: first time lq

Veteran

Hello, and welcome. After you insulate, wire, and strip out the ceiling. Bead Board looks real nice on the ceiling, some people like to use the FRP board some people call in pop corn ceiling. I like the bead board because you can put liquid nail on your stripping and then staple or nail the bead board and you can't see the nails. The blue board or pink board insulation works good for insulating the trailer or Styrofoam if you have a source to buy it.

Good luck

mrstacticalmedic
Reg. Dec 2005
Posted 2006-02-11 8:40 AM (#36935 - in reply to #36928)

Extreme Veteran

Amos,  to get the cute little emoticons on all you do is go to the box on your left of where you are typing the message.  Click on the one you want and it is placed in your message where you last left off!

Sorry I can't help you with the lq question.  I am currently buying one already pre-done by someone else.  I am reading and learning alot so I can do some add ons myself.  Good luck and have fun!  Welcome to the boards...these folks are great for helping others. 

Amos
Reg. Feb 2006
Posted 2006-02-11 11:10 AM (#36942 - in reply to #36928)

I have looked though the archives and everyone seems to enjoy helping everyone else. I have a friend that is in the automotive business and a friend in the construction business and a friend in the building business and I enjoy learning how to do all of this kind of stuff so hopefully between the forum and everyone else we will be able to get though this. I so appreciate all that has responded and hopefully I will be able to help someone else out also. I am going to sand blast the inside rust and outside then have it primered and painted as step number one going today to get a few things. Insulation and already have the wiring. Thank you all once more and have a great day!!!! 30
Amos
Reg. Feb 2006
Posted 2006-02-11 11:16 AM (#36944 - in reply to #36928)

Looks like I am going to have to work on that little Emoticons it seems like I left a 30 at the end of my message. I told you all that I didnt have a whole lot of computer smarts15 15
maccwall
Reg. May 2004
Posted 2006-02-11 11:20 AM (#36945 - in reply to #36942)

Extreme Veteran

Don't worry Amos... the little emoticons don't work for me either (I'm on a Macintosh :)

What I used on my ceiling was the same as my paneling... tongue and groove knotty pine paneling that comes in 8' planks. It was so much easier to work with than the big 4'x8' paneling and in my opinion looks really nice. Besides, I like the look and smell of wood as opposed to plastic...LOL. I wanted to used cedar, till I saw the price per package :O. You can check out my website. It has pictures of the project.

Edited by maccwall 2006-02-11 11:23 AM
Amos
Reg. Feb 2006
Posted 2006-02-11 11:21 AM (#36946 - in reply to #36928)

okay, let me try this again 12 maybe I just need someone to actually "show the goof ball what to do" I hope that your new horse trailer is to your liking, I am sure that it will be and hopefully once you get your personal things in and situtated you wont have to make too many changes. Good Luck with all that you may or have to do and be careful, those power tools can really be a bear
Amos
Reg. Feb 2006
Posted 2006-02-11 11:34 AM (#36948 - in reply to #36928)

Okay I am giving up third times a charm, didnt get no gold horse here. Maccwall your webshots were probley the first that I went to and you have done an amazing job!! Congrats on having yours finished. The pictures have really helped me to "see" in what order and "how" things need to be done. You don't realize what a huge help Thank you, Thank you, Thank you. Oh and by the way while I was looking at horse trailer pictures I was futher back in the archives and accidently clicked on some person pictures Sorry, but nice lookin kids and family I am sure you all enjoy yours it sure is niccccccce Thanks again Macwall
Amos
Reg. Feb 2006
Posted 2006-02-11 11:41 AM (#36949 - in reply to #36928)

Oh, I have another question-- I friend of mine has this wall paper that is used in hotels and it is a tan/medium taupe leather looking vinyl paper this is really thick, but I thought it would look neat on the walls, what should I use on the walls before I put the paper up, or is this a good idea to begin with. Any opions--good, bad, ugly would be appreciated. Thanks
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)