'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
New LQ trailer

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2006-02-12 6:58 PM
2 replies, 2819 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

recurveman
Reg. Feb 2006
Posted 2006-02-11 2:48 PM (#36958)
Subject: New LQ trailer

Regular

I'm looking for a new/used (new to me) LQ trailer.  I'm new to horses and I'm really getting into all of this for dog trials. 

I'm looking at the Trials West sierra 13 X 18 3h slideout, bunkbeds and onan gen. 

I have 3 questions. 

1. Is Trails West a good brand and is the sierra a decent line for them?

2. I have a 04 Chevy 2500HD duramax 4 X 4.  Is that enough truck?  I'm more than willing to add more springs/suspension stuff if need be.

3. Is there another trailer company that makes a bunkbed version?  I've got a kid coming and I don't see another way to be confortable in a trailer.  We spend a ton of time in the trialer (we have a RV trailer right now)  (80-100 days a year) and need to be comfortable 

I did a search for trails west and didn't find much on this board. 

Thanks,

Chad

share Top of the page Bottom of the page
farmbabe
Reg. Nov 2003
Posted 2006-02-12 2:15 PM (#37017 - in reply to #36958)
Subject: RE: New LQ trailer

Expert

I can't answer everything but I had a TW and yes, theya re pretty good trailers. I did not have a LQ TW, the one I did have a more of a entry level model. I did not get another TW since I wanted a all alum trailer.

I think the Chevy would be enough truck.

I have seen Sundowners with the bunk house LQ

MIfarmbabe
Reg. Oct 2003
Posted 2006-02-12 6:58 PM (#37031 - in reply to #36958)
Subject: RE: New LQ trailer

Extreme Veteran

Your truck should be plenty to haul this size of trailer, however some may beg to differ and suggest you tow with a dually. You would have more stability with this size trailer as far as pulling and yes, adding  more springs might be something to look into.  I own the same truck/year and pull a 3H Gooseneck with a 6' short wall and have lots of power, and feel very comfortable pulling this size trailer with it. I love it!

I have seen the Trails West Sierra line and they are very nice for a steel/aluminum type trailer.

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)