'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
that new trailer smell

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2006-02-12 9:51 PM
5 replies, 3155 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

cascadia
Reg. Apr 2005
Posted 2006-02-12 10:26 AM (#37001)
Subject: that new trailer smell

Veteran

It's better then the new car smell!  It smells like that first time to the fairgrounds and a little bit like campfire woodsmoke and just slightly of beach sand.  Ok... so maybe not...  And my trailer is only new to me.  It's a used trailer, but with my morning coffee in hand, inspecting it again on it's first morning in my driveway-- I feel like a kid with the coolest toy.  Has anyone else felt that way?

share Top of the page Bottom of the page
retento
Reg. Aug 2004
Posted 2006-02-12 12:33 PM (#37004 - in reply to #37001)
Subject: RE: that new trailer smell

Expert

I feel about that way every morning that I'm able to get up and out of the house to feed up. Trailer sits out at the barn. Yea, just added a new stud divider, rear ramp, wheel bearings repacked and seals replaced and had an acid wash done on our Silver Star. Five year old trailer looks new again and I catch myself sometimes just sitting and staring at it. Ain't that kinda dumb?!!

Edited by retento 2006-02-12 12:39 PM
farmbabe
Reg. Nov 2003
Posted 2006-02-12 2:22 PM (#37018 - in reply to #37001)

Expert

When I finally bought my New To Me exiss with LQ, I was like silly kid with a new toy ( a rather expensive toy) I stored it in my horse barn. When I watered the horses that winter, I'd put the bucket under the faucet and while the bucket was filling,I'd slip into the LQ and just sit there at the dinette....it was all mine. I couldn't wait til I could bring her out and hook her up. Now the poor thing sits outside. I still love it and use it during the winter ( isn't that why we buy them? To use them?) and yet that feeling is still there. Nothing like buying a new horse or a new trailer..........

Edited by farmbabe 2006-02-12 2:23 PM
MIfarmbabe
Reg. Oct 2003
Posted 2006-02-12 7:21 PM (#37034 - in reply to #37001)

Extreme Veteran

Its about as exciting as the new truck smell....ahhh.... love it! That "new to me" trailer smell is so neat. I was in my trailer all the time when I first bought it. Filling it with all my horsey stuff and then laying up in the GN bed grinning from ear to ear. Waking up in the morning and looking outside at my new "toy", geez my husband was starting to get jealous of my fixation on my trailer and not him!!!

But beware the first scratch or dent  or when your horse craps and pees all over the horse area and your new trailer just doesn't seem so new anymore!

Paints
Reg. Jan 2006
Posted 2006-02-12 8:39 PM (#37041 - in reply to #37001)

Veteran

I 'm just as bad as everyone else now I feel ok/normal.When we bought new(used)Sundowner trailer.I had to sleep in it.We ran furance an put eletric heater in eletric blanket an slept out in it.Oh that was in Dec/ winter.My husband says I always keep Sunny D (nicknamed trailer) cleaner than our house.I am HAPPY though we Finally sold our old Sundowner its going to Minnesota next week.I'm so ready to go camping an trailridng come on spring.
j&j
Reg. Oct 2005
Posted 2006-02-12 9:51 PM (#37045 - in reply to #37001)
Subject: RE: Bison Trailer

Veteran

I think my trailer plate should say "Pinch Me"! I am living my dream!

We have a LQ trailer and I call it my little "Barbie Doll" house.

j&j
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)