'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
LQ with large window

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2006-02-15 1:37 PM
6 replies, 3773 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

Zipitude
Reg. Jan 2006
Posted 2006-02-14 11:01 AM (#37176)
Subject: LQ with large window

Veteran

I am new to this forum and have found some very useful information here. I have a 2000 Titan Renegade II 4H with a 6' short wall. I have had it for 3 years and am wanting to either trade it for an aluminum trailer or just install a modest living quarters. My problem with the LQ is the huge window on the long wall. I would like to install a shower, a small sink, and an RV style refridgerator that can run on LP gas while traveling. I have thought about just putting a cowboy shower in the first stall. I do have a pass through door and a stud wall. I'm just looking for sugjestions. I have seen the links to several homemade LQs on here and have learned a lot, but most have been 4' and without the huge window I have to worry about. Any suggestions would be appreciated, as I am in the planning mode right now.
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
jnjlbj
Reg. Feb 2006
Posted 2006-02-14 12:01 PM (#37182 - in reply to #37176)
Subject: RE: LQ with large window

New User

I would be more than happy to help you with your LQ or a new trailer!  I am with JNJ Conversions,  and we now carry Stidham Aluminum Horse Trailers.  Give me a call and I will be more than happy to go over all of your options with you.  It doesn't cost you anything, and if nothing els you will goet more info. to make a better decision!  You can reach me Toll Free at 1-877-848-5202, and check out our web site at http://www.jnjconversions.com/!  I hope I can be of service!!

Edited by jnjlbj 2006-02-14 12:03 PM
HWBar
Reg. Nov 2005
Posted 2006-02-14 12:34 PM (#37188 - in reply to #37176)

Expert

What is the measurement from the corner of the long wall to the the edge of the window, they make a shower that fits in the corner on the long wall side. Needs to have about 40" to look right.
hosspuller
Reg. Oct 2003
Posted 2006-02-14 1:05 PM (#37197 - in reply to #37176)

Expert

Don't worry about the window.  Most people would really like to have the window in their trailer.  Without that the trailer is like a cave.  If you really have to put something in front of it ... just do it.  maybe paint the window from the inside for looks.
Dunoir
Reg. Sep 2005
Posted 2006-02-14 1:30 PM (#37201 - in reply to #37176)

Elite Veteran

I camped for 3 years with a friend that has a 710 sunlite sundowner 2H that she bought empty.  The long wall has a big window and she installed the following on that wall.  Double cabinets (Home Depot) on the upper part of the wall & microwave below it.  The window is below it.  then a long countertop (again from HDepot) with a small sink and underneath the countertop: electric water heater & fridge, 30 gallon water tank, elec box, and then a small shelf unit with drawers for storage.  She had a cowboy shower installed in the horse area and it works just fine.  When we get to the campsite, we wash out the back of the trailer and take showers back there and set up our port-a-potties.  No one ever notices we're showering back there and if it's hot we run the AC and go back thru the pass thru door to the LQ area to dress in comfort. The big thing is - insulate the DR before you add anything to it.  Much easier and cheaper and you gotta insulate or it will be like sleeping in an aluminum can - very cold and wet.
krys
Reg. Oct 2003
Posted 2006-02-15 10:52 AM (#37284 - in reply to #37176)

Elite Veteran

You never stated which side your door is on. If it is on the short wall, you may be able to install a sink and the fridge on the same wall. Then put in your shower on the long wall in the corner by the horse stalls. Under the window, you may be able to put in a small dinette with storage above the window and under the seats.
Zipitude
Reg. Jan 2006
Posted 2006-02-15 1:37 PM (#37306 - in reply to #37176)

Veteran

The door is on the short wall, near the slant wall. The window is right in the middle of the long wall, not sure of the measurements. The trailer is parked at a friends farm, an I haven't been out to measure anything yet.

We pull to MO quite often, and I'm not sure if I want to spend the money on installing anything in this trailer, or just trying to find a used aluminum trailer that I'm sure would be quite a bit lighter than this steel Titan. I have no complaints about this trailer, it pulls great, it's just so heavy!!! It's 6 years old now, and no rust, sits outside. I'd say the galvaneal works pretty well.

I have an '01 Dodge 3500 4x4 with the Cummins, so the truck handles the weight just fine, I am just looking at the fuel mileage difference of a lighter trailer. Last year I think we made 6 trips to MO, and that's a lot of fuel.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)