'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Has anyone ridden down "THE EDGE" at East Fork, Tennessee

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2006-06-20 9:18 AM
11 replies, 4723 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Camp & Trail  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

LazyDayHorseFarm. TN
Reg. Jan 2005
Posted 2006-03-31 10:21 PM (#39854)
Subject: Has anyone ridden down "THE EDGE" at East Fork, Tennessee

Regular

I was just wondering if any of you out there have ridden down what they call The Edge at East Fork stables in Tennessee. I went riding there for the first time the other day and I took a look at that perticular trail and what I saw looked awful dangerous. Anyway, it looked way too steep for me and I was just wondering what it was like.   I have a pretty sure footed horse, but I think it probably is beyond our ability.
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
classygirl98
Reg. Jan 2005
Posted 2006-04-01 7:05 PM (#39875 - in reply to #39854)
Subject: RE: Has anyone ridden down "THE EDGE" at East Fork, Tennessee

Veteran

We rode at East Fork last fall. We rode every trail except the one that followed along the river. Nothing we could not handle. If you have a sure footed horse you would have made it fine. Pretty riding but we liked Big South Fork better. Debbie
JimA
Reg. Oct 2004
Posted 2006-04-01 7:46 PM (#39877 - in reply to #39854)

WE have been over the edge many times without any problems. Best part is looking back at first timers as you start over.The first 100 ft are the worst.Multiple river crossings and round rolley rocks are more of a problem.

martyg
Reg. Nov 2003
Posted 2006-04-03 7:07 PM (#39934 - in reply to #39877)

Veteran

Im not sure about the Edge, but the river trail we rode there has some really rough stretches on the horses. Large round rocks with no soil or sand inbetween. Horse/Mule could really get hurt in this...one of our party lost a front shoe about halfway through and we had a hard time with this horse by the time we got back out. Recommend you use caution, ride only wellshod horses with good feet/shoes. May want to pack horse emegency shoe etc.
maccwall
Reg. May 2004
Posted 2006-04-05 5:14 PM (#39998 - in reply to #39934)

Extreme Veteran

Rode there almost 2 years ago and it was very pretty. My barefoot horse did pretty good. traveled the river bottom and everything. There was part of the trail coming up from the river that had a felled tree that was a tough time to cross over. Had to dismount and have the horses kinda jump it but they made it with no problem. Beautiful place, but some bad memories which I will not go into (not horse related)

Edited by maccwall 2006-04-05 5:15 PM
Issie
Reg. Jul 2005
Posted 2006-04-25 9:06 PM (#40935 - in reply to #39854)

Regular

Well I'm going to East Fork this week end, so maybe we'll get a chance to ride The EDGE.   If we do, I'll let you know...
smoothride
Reg. Mar 2005
Posted 2006-04-30 4:52 PM (#41109 - in reply to #39854)

Regular

We ride at Eastfork several times a year. I am not sure what trail you are referring to as the "Edge". Is there another name for it? We have never come across a trail that we couldn't handle. I think the river trail is the most dangerous. I would not want to take a green horse or rider down there or a horse that was not in shape.
Issie
Reg. Jul 2005
Posted 2006-05-01 10:24 PM (#41178 - in reply to #39854)

Regular

Well I'm back from East Fork, and I don't know if I found the edge or not.  But didn't find anything we couldn't handle.  I ask some people there which trail was called the edge and they weren't sure.  We rode down to the river and crossed it, and the rocks are round, but we didn't have any trouble with it, but I can see why someone would choose not to ride that trail.  The most exciting trail to me was the Bench trail, we went up it and it went up and up for quite some time, it was quite a pull. Coming down it would not be as much fun.  But we loved East Fork had a great time,   Pretty overlooks and plenty of creeks and streams.  Nice ride.
MichaelD
Reg. Apr 2004
Posted 2006-05-02 6:53 AM (#41183 - in reply to #39854)

Regular

We were at EastFork last fall and had a really nice time.I think the Edge trail is actually either Tar Gap or Deer Gap.There is an area in one of these trails that is very steep for about 50-75 yards.

Mike

iCE CRM
Reg. Jan 2005
Posted 2006-06-07 9:09 PM (#42755 - in reply to #41183)

Extreme Veteran

Ridden it all and they are constantly making the trails better and have been riding it every since it opened. Don't go much anymore , they have gotten a little pricey.

Windy Hill Mules
Reg. Jun 2006
Posted 2006-06-18 4:20 PM (#43203 - in reply to #39854)

We rode at  East Fork for and like all the trails really well, only thing bad about our trip there was the lighting storm we got caught out in and on the way home our truck broke down. 2 days later we got home .

I put this link on the Bay Creek thread also , there are pictures of East Fork on here too.

http://community.webshots.com/user/shortysacre

Shari
Reg. Jan 2005
Posted 2006-06-20 9:18 AM (#43315 - in reply to #39854)

Veteran

Windy-looked at your pictures thanks for shareing. The one with the memorial for you Uncle. We found that last year. Thought it was so nice. I make sure I take everyone we ride with now past it if they hadn't been. We thought the hangerchief was from him, nice to know the story. And what a beautiful place to have his ashes thrown nice to know that story also.
Happy Safe Trails
Shari
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World