'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Parks Open.....Finally

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2006-04-14 10:45 AM
6 replies, 3371 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Camp & Trail  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

Paints
Reg. Jan 2006
Posted 2006-04-12 10:20 AM (#40317)
Subject: Parks Open.....Finally

Veteran

Jubilee Equestrian AKA James Spurgeon CHANGED trail closed to OPEN. Located in Illinois off  route 150 Brimfield.Group has organized ride this coming weekend.Happy Trails...
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
appy4me
Reg. Jul 2005
Posted 2006-04-13 8:37 AM (#40366 - in reply to #40317)
Subject: RE: Parks Open.....Finally

Veteran

YEA!!! We live 1 hour from there, and it's by far my favorite place to ride around home! Glad to hear that it's open!!!
Thanks!
Diane
I have never heard it referred to as the other name you mentioned! It's always jubilee to us!
Paints
Reg. Jan 2006
Posted 2006-04-13 9:32 AM (#40368 - in reply to #40317)

Veteran

WOW Please note new name on sign outside park an around park entrances.He cleared the trails in park.He has passed away and state etc Honored him with this honor on Eques. park name change,your too new or must not ride here much.Everyone whos ridden in Jubilee I thought knew him he was shoer,Horse show judge,had so much to do with Jubilee(horse camp) an whats there now.He took fall in park four or fire years ago of horse that tripped an never got back over happenings from that.Was huge service for him last year in park an is stone/marble in park about him check it out please next time you ride there.I'll try an take picture next time I go.Thanks to him an all his hard work we can be honored by equine trails an camp too.
appy4me
Reg. Jul 2005
Posted 2006-04-13 9:56 AM (#40369 - in reply to #40317)

Veteran

I have only ridden there for about 17 years, so maybe I missed something. Sorry for not knowing the indepth history of the park. I don't camp there much, too hard to get a shady spot. It is a beautiful park, and a great place to ride. I didn't mean to imply anything about the name, I honestly didn't know the story you describe, glad you told me!!
Diane
Paints
Reg. Jan 2006
Posted 2006-04-14 7:40 AM (#40414 - in reply to #40317)

Veteran

Sorry too didnt mean to preach about name.We rode there last night befor storm.Was great to be back in park.Sand Ridges so far away from me.Was horsetrailer camping an big tent in far west corner.I really hope they took off as bad Horrible weather hit last night.Parks looks great grass cut picket post has screws(new adddition) for your lines an trees cleaned up an cut some into fire wood.Wish weather was better cant wait to camp too.
appy4me
Reg. Jul 2005
Posted 2006-04-14 8:18 AM (#40416 - in reply to #40317)

Veteran

Glad you got in a ride! Your paint is gorgeous!!!
I love the coloring page option you posted! That's cool!
We weren't so lucky last night, my son's little mare went through the barbed wire fence, nasty leg today. It was a new fence (put up Sunday) and she apparently spooked with the loud thunder (another fun place to ride:-) and went through it. I have the vet coming later today.
We just live a little ways from Galva too, (Andover).
Thanks for posting the pics.
Happy Trails!!
Diane
Paints
Reg. Jan 2006
Posted 2006-04-14 10:45 AM (#40426 - in reply to #40317)

Veteran

My husbands pi$$ed now.We had newly finished lined lean too(run in shed)12&14 feet 10 tall was thrown over on backside.Thanks nice spring weather.He had it staked down by 4 anchors 3 ft in ground.Its heavy duty shed.I had only been in house probaly 2 to 3 minutes when it must of happened too.The 2 horse that were in pen are fine an just standing right next to it munching on hay still.A friend of ours called to see how we are after big storm.She told us of a man she knew outside Trivoli that had entire barn ruined an horses were inside but gonna be out an make it,had LQs moved truck smashed in some an orther misc crap.Its his 2nd hit too.Wow sale sale sale.I would list that place an move if possible.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2024 PD9 Software